Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
:welcome

awesome pico tank...do you have some info on it?

at first glance i thought it was an aquamedic blenny :P

Bergerak

Oct 10, 2012
:welcome

awesome pico tank...do you have some info on it?

at first glance i thought it was an aquamedic blenny :p
It's an aqua one betta tank I had an aqua one 40cm cube I had to shut down because I am putting a wood heater in so I sold the tank and fragged a few blastos and zoos and pinched a bit of live sand aswell . I bought the tank for $80 took out the stock stuff in it such as noodle type stuff etc it had a little led strip that came with it . I used that until my Cree 21w eBay special from china came . I actually think its ok for $27 delivered . Does the job for a few Lps softys and zoos . I have a little Stars and Stripes shrimp . And a little peppermint aswell . I change the floss every few days and run a small bag of chemi pure elite . I have raw aphos , and purigen I was planning on running . At this stage no real algae growth etc so I haven't bothered using it . I use to Di in my topoff water . The auto and the Di is probably the most important think I have bought over the years . Being 10 litres it needs it big time . As you can see in the photos . There's a few acans, zoos . Little scolly , few blastos , Xenia . And a few other bits and pieces . I have had a few reef tanks over the years . But I am finding this one quite enjoyable . Everything seems to be going good at the moment . I feed the corals a few times a week on reef roids and the acans and blastos a bit of mysis a few times a week . That's about it . I do a few small water changes a week . Every now and then after a big feed to the Lps . I might change about 3 to 4 litres . sometimes I go a bit nuts on the mysis . The acans love it . Anyways that's about it for now . I would like to hear your replys on my tank . So feel free

Bergerak

Oct 10, 2012
It's an aqua one betta tank I had an aqua one 40cm cube I had to shut down because I am putting a wood heater in so I sold the tank and fragged a few blastos and zoos and pinched a bit of live sand aswell . I bought the tank for $80 took out the stock stuff in it such as noodle type stuff etc it had a little led strip that came with it . I used that until my Cree 21w eBay special from china came . I actually think its ok for $27 delivered . Does the job for a few Lps softys and zoos . I have a little Stars and Stripes shrimp . And a little peppermint aswell . I change the floss every few days and run a small bag of chemi pure elite . I have raw aphos , and purigen I was planning on running . At this stage no real algae growth etc so I haven't bothered using it . I use to Di in my topoff water . The auto and the Di is probably the most important think I have bought over the years . Being 10 litres it needs it big time . As you can see in the photos . There's a few acans, zoos . Little scolly , few blastos , Xenia . And a few other bits and pieces . I have had a few reef tanks over the years . But I am finding this one quite enjoyable . Everything seems to be going good at the moment . I feed the corals a few times a week on reef roids and the acans and blastos a bit of mysis a few times a week . That's about it . I do a few small water changes a week . Every now and then after a big feed to the Lps . I might change about 3 to 4 litres . sometimes I go a bit nuts on the mysis . The acans love it . Anyways that's about it for now . I would like to hear your replys on my tank . So feel free
Here a few more pics

Attachments

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Loving this tank! That red macro is a really nice addition.

I had some 13L picos myself a while back. When I get my new tank sorted I might have to strike one up again. ... Something about the challenge I miss.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Hey mate looking really good...heres a quick tutorial on how to upload a pic.

Click Upload File(s).

Step 1.png

Selects your Image(s) (you can select multiple) then click Ok/Open.

Step 2.png

Then click Thumbnail or Full Image. I personally like Full Image as it makes it easier for the person looking at your journal unless you have 10+ pics and want to format it a little easier. For multiple images, rather than individually selecting whether you want a Thumbnail or Full Image, you can also click 'Insert every image as a... Thumbnail or Full Image' (see image 3.1)

Step 3.png

Step 3.1.png

Bergerak

Oct 10, 2012
Hey mate looking really good...heres a quick tutorial on how to upload a pic.

Click Upload File(s).

View attachment 41469

Selects your Image(s) (you can select multiple) then click Ok/Open.

View attachment 41470

Then click Thumbnail or Full Image. I personally like Full Image as it makes it easier for the person looking at your journal unless you have 10+ pics and want to format it a little easier. For multiple images, rather than individually selecting whether you want a Thumbnail or Full Image, you can also click 'Insert every image as a... Thumbnail or Full Image' (see image 3.1)
View attachment 41471

View attachment 41473
Ok thanks ill try it next time

E

ezza

I loooove it. So cute! My reef was meant to be a pico.... all 400l of it. ;)