Clam action

clam.jpg
clam2.jpg

Cool little acro crab dude
crab.jpg
crab2.jpg

Cynarina looking good
cyn.jpg

Bought this brown and it sure still is, but at least getting some polyp extension.
DSC04336.jpg

Theories on why this acro is losing colour along certain recesses? The tips look great but looks almost bleached along those grooves. Too much light from the Kessil? Not shadowing that I can see ...
sps.jpg
sps3.jpg
sps2.jpg

Some FTS in the sun

DSC04340.jpg
DSC04343.jpg

Current star of the show ...
DSC04347.jpg

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
So tempted to add a flame angel to my current tank had one in my previous tank but much more zoas in this one lol

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have seen this tank in person and the dimensions are really well thought out. With the height of the stand, you can see straight down in to the top of the tank and it looks great.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
That crab looks really cool! I love it. XD

Everything else looks great as well!
Thanks! Yeah he is pretty cool, haven't seen a 'hairy' acro crab before ... but I figure he's plenty small enough not to worry about generally.

Do you or anyone else think he might be responsible for that damage you can see on the acro? Or the Flame Angel? Or just lighting/water conditions?

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Thanks! Yeah he is pretty cool, haven't seen a 'hairy' acro crab before ... but I figure he's plenty small enough not to worry about generally.

Do you or anyone else think he might be responsible for that damage you can see on the acro? Or the Flame Angel? Or just lighting/water conditions?
Hmm I wouldn't have a clue tbh. XD Crabs are not my forte. Do you have any other suspects?

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Lol.

I love this hobby.

The crab in that article looks a lot like yours, chimaera. If you don't want it GIMMEEEEEE.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
You could try putting him in a breeder box for a little while and see if the acro recovers to get your answer, but that might stress the little crab out too much.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
You could try putting him in a breeder box for a little while and see if the acro recovers to get your answer, but that might stress the little crab out too much.
I think I'll just let him be and monitor the acro to see if it gets any better or worse now I have good reference pics. He's too cool to sump/box/give to @Azedenkae :p

Stunning pictures Chimaera. Makes me think about how amazing these creatures are watching them in detail. Plus and off topic, we can't even imagine how many unknown things are under the sea!
The crab is the cutest for me, lol.
Cheers,
Nancy

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
So this acro is looking 10x worse, the dead/dying areas have increased and now only the tips are still green with some polyp extension. I'll try to get an updated pic.

Culprit: Crab, Flame Angel or Me (tank params/lighting etc)?

I am leaning towards the Flame Angel. I realised that my 'light feeding' approach might not be suiting him, so thinking of trying an auto-feeder to see if that helps reduce his need to constantly pick at everything. I haven't specifically seen it targeting this coral or others, but he just picks constantly as he zooms around.