Tank Journal Archive

izzywitt

Oct 21, 2013
Pics Of The Tank
I am currently setting up a nano marine but for my large display opted for a planted tank. Less maintenance and less time consuming.
The tank still requires some acrylic to cover the overflow but will be leaving the rest clear. Plumbing still needs to be finished but it is slowly getting there.
DSCN0021.JPG

Last edited:

izzywitt

Oct 21, 2013
Thanks, its probably a bit over the top for freshwater but hopefully it will be nice. Was meant to be marine, but oh well. Billy from Starfire Aquatics built the tank, can I say he did an amazing job and I DIY'd the sump and stand.

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Wow you do a nice job yourself, if you ever get bored after you've done this project you can build me a stand ;)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Planted tanks can be a real pain when you need to keep everything tidy (like a garden). They can quickly overgrow and look a bit messy. Love the tank though, Billy really does make some nice tanks.

izzywitt

Oct 21, 2013
Wow you do a nice job yourself, if you ever get bored after you've done this project you can build me a stand ;)
I'll keep it in mind :) Alot easier than I thought to do, just takes alot of time but in the end its worth it.

Looks sweet! ... But if you going full planted scape it might be more time consuming than you think ;-)

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/16/creamed-aquascaping-department/
Thanks, its not as much time i'm worried about but the ongoing cost of a reef tank. Water changes are going to be easy and cheap!!!!

i love it
Cheers.

Planted tanks can be a real pain when you need to keep everything tidy (like a garden). They can quickly overgrow and look a bit messy. Love the tank though, Billy really does make some nice tanks.
I like to keep tanks clean so i'll try my hardest to make it look neat. I agree Billy makes awesome tanks!

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
Woaaah youre going fresh water hey? I thouht you sold the set up?

Would look great as a nice planted tank i reckon :)

izzywitt

Oct 21, 2013
Sorry say but yes this tank is almost sold.

Freshwater idea didn't last long but will soon hopefully have a reef of some sort.