Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Pics Pics Pics
here are some pics of the system :)
taken a week ago, a lot clearer now. got the water tested today, and so far, seeding the cycle with live rock and water from the bigger tank has worked wonders.

nano tank 1.jpg

nano tank 2.jpg

right side

nano tank 3.jpg

left side

nano tank 4.jpg

yes, i went with black sand. please excuse the black floaty bits of sand at the top of the tank haha

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
its all sunk now. i knew it would happen as the sand is really fine. looking a lot cleaner now :) how would one build a surface skimmer though, just for future reference haha

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I've spray painted and used actual paint, probs can't do that now it's filled. That acrylic material that you blowtorch on looks shmicko.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks @Bdear22 :) no, unfortunately nothing at the moment. any tips as to how i could get them to host either the cataphylia coral or the hammer coral in my tank?

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Haha I'm probs not the person to ask seeing as mine dont host but if it doesnt hpen naturally you could when you find out where they sleep pop one of the corals there if it is suitable for the coral would be my suggestion @daniel borja

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
just a quick birds eye shot of some of my frags. everything seems to be doing well :) the zoas pictured had only 6 or so polyps when i purchased them. growing nicely. only problem is that it has now decided to take its growth onto the frag rack itself haha

top frags.jpg