Reef Discussion

Stretcherboy

Jul 11, 2011
gold coast
To get rid of them coz I've had a few people tell me they can kill small inverts once they get bigger. To be honest i dont mind them but from the info I've been told and read on the net i kinda thought i should get rid of them. But if there not a bad thing they will be defiantly stay residents of my tank lol

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I have a Yellow Watchman Goby (juvenile) that is without a pistol shrimp. Have been observing its behaviour. I have white glove shrimp (rock-pool shrim) in with it. The Goby tries to pair up with these shrimp and lead them back to the goby's hole. I can only assume that the goby is trying to lead its new found frend home..............I can just imagine it saying , mummy, it followed me home :-)

Will have to keep on the look out for a pistol to pair with my goby. From what I have read, the tiger pistol shrimp (Alpheus bellulus) is the shrimp that the yellow watchman goby most assocated with.

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
If you have a pistol shrimp with the goby can you have a pair of CBS in the tank...or if not, what can you have in there
Down the track I would like an eel, which shrimps hang with them

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I have a Yellow Watchman Goby (juvenile) that is without a pistol shrimp. Have been observing its behaviour. I have white glove shrimp (rock-pool shrim) in with it. The Goby tries to pair up with these shrimp and lead them back to the goby's hole. I can only assume that the goby is trying to lead its new found frend home..............I can just imagine it saying , mummy, it followed me home :)

Will have to keep on the look out for a pistol to pair with my goby. From what I have read, the tiger pistol shrimp (Alpheus bellulus) is the shrimp that the yellow watchman goby most assocated with.
let us know how you get on with this. not very often do you see a pair of shrimp and watchman goby