Tank Journal Archive

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Planned Overhaul
so after seeing how amazing @Matt_95 17 litre rescape went I've been thinking about completely overhauling mine and rescaping etc etc.

One of my main gripes about this tank is the AIO compartmet. Although it's nifty to hide everything I think I can achieve nearly the same result with rock work. I'll also give me about an extra 2 litres water space, which in a tank this small is heaps more room! I really like how he has alot of open space on the sand bed and am going to try and go with the same idea. The mountain type effect I have in there now has alot of rock face that isn't usable for coral placement and can be laid out alot better.

On Sunday I'm going into work to tattoo a client flying in from Darwin (flies in Sat night, leaves Monday morning) and figured while I"m there I can redo everything. I've got enough buckets etc to make up at least a 80% water change, keeping some existing water etc for the livestock to sit in while I do this.

Going to try and pry off the back compartment, but if it doesn't look like it's going to budge I'll think of something else and make due with what I've got. There's just alot of dead space back there that isn't getting used and just collecting poop.

Of course photos will be taken!

Trentwalsh

Dec 21, 2013
Werribee
Where do you tattoo at man? Go the scape, everyone loves a good rescape, and i rescape mine every few weeks because im a fussy bugger and want the cleanest open sand bed, without buying more rock.

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Where do you tattoo at man? Go the scape, everyone loves a good rescape, and i rescape mine every few weeks because im a fussy bugger and want the cleanest open sand bed, without buying more rock.
Jed Hill tattoos in Ballarat

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
One of the smaller stores here has a AquaOne nano (?) they're looking to unload for cheap. I might pick it up and do a transfer. The tank has a back compartment, but it goes all the way across the tank, so I don't have a 2 inch gap on either side of the weir that are for all purposes, useless.

It also has rounded glass corners in the display rather than seams. AAAAAnnnnnd will give me a bit more room to play with the scape.

Trentwalsh

Dec 21, 2013
Werribee
I had an aquanano 40, was a very nice tank only problem is clean the curbed edges alot otherwise their a pain to clean hard algae off of, otherwise, very nice tank go do it, ukno u wanna

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Very interested to see what you do :) and thank you for the kind words! You've got some very lovely corals in this tank!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I might get shot down here, but I've found that hammers do better up higher and in a flow that "massages" them and allows them a full gentle movement.
Just a suggestion.
Oh, and the scape looks excellent.

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Hmmm it's moving pretty good where it is, there's two powerheads in there moving it around, but I'll see if I can move it up tomorrow. I actually haven't really placed the corals where I want them, just kinda threw them in. I'm out of superglue so have to pick some up on the way in