Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Please Feed Us Mum ?
Every time, day or night we walk near the tank, they clearly think its feed time and get very excited.
They had already had frozen, macro and nori before this video was shot.
I keep the nori in a basket down near the bottom right of the tank, you can see as i walk over they are just expecting more.
I think with a peninsular, in the middle of two main rooms, the fish get very used to people around the tank.
They don't hide, even with new people.
Its so nice to see them comfortable and happy .
I am loving my tank at the moment and so glad we didn't get out of this amazing hobby.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
My Skunks are like that in the 130D, walk by the tank and it's FEED ME FEED ME!! Princess Leia, Fu and Jack are like that in the 93 and Bonnie and Clyde are like that in M's cube. People don't give fish enough credit for the ability to recognize their care givers.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I can see why, it looks amazing! How do you clean your glass out of interest?
Tunze Care magnet Long
best $60 i have ever spent in this hobby :)
I clean 16 feet of bloody glass every coupe of days, can do it in 10mins right into the sand bed as well.
thank your for the nice comments too :)

Ziggy

Jul 6, 2015
Adelaide
Love, love, love your tank! I'm always in awe of how beautiful your corals are and how clean your tank is. Lots of glass to clean on a peninsular. :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Love, love, love your tank! I'm always in awe of how beautiful your corals are and how clean your tank is. Lots of glass to clean on a peninsular. :)
Thanks @Ziggy give it a year & yours will be the same I have no doubt. :). Thank you ! :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just remember that, in the wild, fish don't necessarily know where their next feed is going to come from - they can't afford to not eat something.

Things are not so uncertain in our aquariums - overfed fish will just poop out what their body doesn't need leading to nutrient issues. So, be careful with feeding more to fish just because they look hungry.

I'm not saying you do this, just thought it might be worthwhile saying :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Just remember that, in the wild, fish don't necessarily know where their next feed is going to come from - they can't afford to not eat something.

Things are not so uncertain in our aquariums - overfed fish will just poop out what their body doesn't need leading to nutrient issues. So, be careful with feeding more to fish just because they look hungry.

I'm not saying you do this, just thought it might be worthwhile saying :)
@MagicJ Hahaha. You know me so well. I know I over feed, 100%. But I also keep a really close eye on nutrients. Nitrate always undetectable & phos I try to keep under 0.03. Rowaphos owners love me :) but your right they always look hungry :) so I feed !

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Looks great Lesley . like I said on FB
Evolution got it wrong this time . Tangs have huge appetites but very small mouths..lol