Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Yep loving the 70% off plumbing. I've picked up some odd sized and shaped push fit fittings and tube this week courtesy of masters :)

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
View attachment 55582

Lucky enough to score 16 elbows and a union for $11 from Masters. If anyone needs unions go check it out. Cheap as!!

Picking up the tank and Sump on Monday. Can't wait.
Not sure if you have picked up the PVC Primer & Solvent yet, but they both come in clear transparent colour. They will give your plumbing that extra clean look :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
We never managed to get a Masters in Hobart - I guess now we never will :p I am envious of the price some people are paying for their PVC fittings ...

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
We never managed to get a Masters in Hobart - I guess now we never will :p I am envious of the price some people are paying for their PVC fittings ...
Never got one in Geelong either, thankfully there are a few within a 2 hour drive though :D

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Off topic - I just moved house and bought a heap of stuff from Masters for 70% off. Lawn mowers were 40% off but still got a good score. It was a pretty good day!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Off topic - I just moved house and bought a heap of stuff from Masters for 70% off. Lawn mowers were 40% off but still got a good score. It was a pretty good day!
There is always a risk that you will buy something just because it was 70% cheaper than it normally would be - but, if you never use it then it was actually quite expensive :D

I am guilty of this at times - when buying electronic items from China I sometimes buy a few extra items because they are cheap and I might need them sometime - I now have a few hundred dollars worth of things that I may never use :eek

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
There is always a risk that you will buy something just because it was 70% cheaper than it normally would be - but, if you never use it then it was actually quite expensive :D

I am guilty of this at times - when buying electronic items from China I sometimes buy a few extra items because they are cheap and I might need them sometime - I now have a few hundred dollars worth of things that I may never use :eek
Haha yeah, I made sure not to go overboard but the other half definitely bought a couple of things that I can't see her using for a while!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I buy un-necessary items all the time. Then put them in a cupboard, forget about them and find again in a year. It's like christmas multiple times over :)