Tank Journal Archive

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Post 12: Adding Some More
Caught this little fella by chance when moving a small piece of live rock. I knew i had something in the tank that was dominating the rest at night as there were empty turbo snail shells on the sand and things moved through out the evening. I am pretty sure it was this little bloke.
DSC_0363.JPG
Also added a flame angel and am starting to wonder if that was a good idea. Spoken to several people re adding fish and some say these guys are super aggressive so there is no more adding fish similar otherwise he will pick on them.
NMS_0410.JPG
IMG_4025.jpg
RED LINE SHRIMP - TICK
Always wanted one and finally got him in. Doesn't clean the fish much but gets out and about
IMG_4022.jpg
Lawn Mower Blenny
DSC_0301.JPG

E

ezza

lovely! i've read that flame angels are good to add "as the last fish" in a system. not sure about the truth in it. i guess it's due to their aggressive behaviour. it is a gorgeous fish though. nice choices! i really like the shrimp too! he's very pretty. i haven't got many shrimp, perhaps it's something to look into further.

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
I
lovely! i've read that flame angels are good to add "as the last fish" in a system. not sure about the truth in it. i guess it's due to their aggressive behaviour. it is a gorgeous fish though. nice choices! i really like the shrimp too! he's very pretty. i haven't got many shrimp, perhaps it's something to look into further.
have a couple of Peppermint Shrimps in their also. You don't see them much as they only really come out at night and scavenge. Can only see them when the lights on if you go searching in the rocks

E

ezza

I

have a couple of Peppermint Shrimps in their also. You don't see them much as they only really come out at night and scavenge. Can only see them when the lights on if you go searching in the rocks
yup, me too! for ages i actually thought i only had one and that it was dead for a while... but nope, 2 and both very alive. i see their shed shells more frequently than the shrimp themselves.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
We have a flame angel & coral beauty. Got beauty first flame second. All fine no dramas what so ever until the flame jumped into overflow. Was in there for about. 24 hrs ( happy as larry yum yum. ). We put him back in DT and it was coral beauty who was aggressive. Forgot who he was and thought we had put another fish in the tank. Chasing and attacking so badly we thought one would have to go. But about a week later they were fine I think all dwarfs are aggressive towards each other. But you have a big enough tank to probably get away with it. ! Or maybe we were just lucky twice. Lol

E

ezza

funny you mention coral beauties, i'm considering it because i read that they eat colonial hydroids. it might solve my problem.