Tank Journal Archive

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Post 14: Progress Update
Managed to take a few more progress shots. Hope you enjoy.

Display Photo:
The boss makes me have pretty flowers in the front on the coffee table as she says it completes the room. I wear the pants though and just chose to have them there.
DSC_0797.JPG

Even got trees to grow in the tank :)
Just a reflection of the room and the back yard. I thought it looked cool.
DSC_0757.JPG
Inside the "Man Cave" - shot taken from side on (Display tank)
DSC_0849.JPG
This is the best part and can't wait to add to it. Apex System running the show with the WAV pumps to come next year and the DOS System hopefully in the next few months when they bring release them. I'm also planning on getting another DC8 Apex power board (dependant on us having another child).
DSC_0844.JPG
APEX DOS .png Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 2.39.51 pm.png
Have the AFS set up however have decided to use it mainly for longer away trips. Also when i get lazy and could not be bothered heading into the fridge to grab frozen food i just push a button and the tank goes into AFS mode, feeds the fish, then kicks back on the return and skimmer.
DSC_0832.JPG
mushrooms have been great with out dosing anything as yet, just water changes. Grown huge and flap around the rocks. Not all of them though as i had a few issues with the blue ones. Maybe positioning not sure.????
DSC_0752.JPG
These two gonis came from Lesley's Goni Garden and they look awesome. Thanks Lesley
DSC_0763.JPG

Attachments

E

ezza

Wooooooooow! Impressive. Just lovely.

By the way, being a tank owner, a woman, and the boss in my house, I'd put the flowers on the opposite side on a table or shelf elsewhere near a chair "so you may gaze upon them and breathe their delightful scent" when you are busy relaxing. It takes away from the tank otherwise. ;)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Stunning, what more can i say.. Your gonis are open very nicely. Scape is amazing. Just love it.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Looking great and coming together nicely.

Do you have something to keep moisture under control in the engine room?

Can't wait to see it (slowly) stocked and grow out.

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
OTE="macca_75, post: 147294, member: 528"]Looking great and coming together nicely.

Do you have something to keep moisture under control in the engine room?

Can't wait to see it (slowly) stocked and grow out.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have a de-humidifier that i purchased from The Good Guys. Works really well and i purchased it as i was getting mould on the walls above the water change station more than anything. I have the RO/DI unit filling the water barrels (100litres each) one salt and one RO/DI water.

Keen to also in the near future get an air vent installed that can suck the hotter air from the room through the ceiling. As we come into summer i am struggling to keep the temp down in the room and there for in the display tank. Even on a 27 degree day the tank gets up around 27 also :(
DSC_0897.JPG
DSC_0898.JPG

Last edited:

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Yes I have a humidifier that i purchased from The Good Guys. Works really well and i purchased it as i was getting mould on the walls above the water change station more than anything. I have the RO/DI unit filling the water barrels (100litres each) one salt and one RO/DI water.

Keen to also in the near future get an air vent installed that can suck the hotter air from the room through the ceiling. As we come into summer i am struggling to keep the temp down in the room and there for in the display tank. Even on a 27 degree day the tank gets up around 27 also :(
Nick23. I would set up a couple of fans to blow over your sump as close as possible to top of water & leave sump room door open on warmer days to get a little air circulating. Cheap computer fans on a piece of board work a treat you would be surprised at how well they work image.jpg

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Nick23. I would set up a couple of fans to blow over your sump as close as possible to top of water & leave sump room door open on warmer days to get a little air circulating. Cheap computer fans on a piece of board work a treat you would be surprised at how well they work View attachment 44608
Funny you say that I had last summer placed a mosquito screen on the door and left it open at night it worked well. I've also got the fans over the display, but your suggesting the sump are you? More for cosmetic?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Funny you say that I had last summer placed a mosquito screen on the door and left it open at night it worked well. I've also got the fans over the display, but your suggesting the sump are you? More for cosmetic?
No. Your sump room is small and poor circulation. If your sump water is hot obviously returns that heat to tank. I've had more success keeping sump water cool on really hot days Fans on tank work well to keep lighting heat away but 80% heat comes in through slow moving sump water in poorly ventilated rooms or in most cases closed stands. If you had a stand with cupboards on a hot day you would open every door you could to let it air. Especially if your aircon was on. Lol.

P. S thats one of the reason (besides access) that the cupboard doors on new cabinet will be magnetic and fully removable.

Last edited: