Tank Journal Archive

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Post 17: New Lights And The Blues Brothers B1 B2
Well, i finally bit the bullet and added 3 x Radions to the Display.

IMG_4597.JPG
Best thing i have done as they are easy to operate and look fantastic. Yes they have a very blue colour whilst ramping up and it looks a little fake however once at its peak during the day the lights look amazing. I can't talk too much re growth at the moment as i have limited to no SPS in the tank. The BTAs seem to love the lights though and have really thickened up (keep in mind these BTAs have never bubbled and recently split 3x)

Also purchased a couple of magnificent Blue Tangs (Lesley) who seem to have settled well. They get along well with all the current fish and although one seems to want to fight with its reflection a lot, they both seem very happy. Need to head quickly down to the Asian Supermarket however to build up my supply of Nori as they have already destroyed my stash. Love that they eating already and getting into both Frozen and pellets also.
IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4749.JPG

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
gee that was clever, how did you still get him to swim with no head, his tail will eventually run out of food and stop you know or when you ran out of seaweed did B1 eat B2 ????
The tank def looks better with the new light, no debate there, would love to see a shot when they have ramped up, but the blues had pretty good color so I can imagine in person they would look absolutely stunning !
Nice very nice !

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
LIVING ROOM
DSC_1158.JPG

This is what the living room looks like guys out the back of the house. Love sitting there with the TV off and watching the moving piece of art. (only when the cricket is not on)

BLUES BROTHERS IN ACTION
BB2.jpg

After taking it I PANICKED as i thought the new Blue Tangs B1 and B2 had begun to get white spots. Quickly running over to the tank screaming i checked them over again and they are smooth as silk with no spots. It's just the camera picking up the particles in the water.

Whilst we are on the point. My Gold Stripe Clown continues to stir up the bottom of the sand bed and my original purchase of sand was a very fine particle (regrettably). This means the sand is thrown around the tank. I have filter socks on the over flow and pumps pointed in directions that reduce the chances of stirring up the sand bed but when the lights are at the fullest in the middle of the day the particles and visible. Anything i can do other than get the fine sand out?
It seems to work really well as a base for critters.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Gotta love that seaweed. !!!! Fine sand is a pain ! We did same with our first tank ended up switching it out about 5 months in The blues shouldn't get ich they look very relaxed & stress free ! Clearly enjoying their new home Are they hiding in caves at night ? Cant think of anything better to watch, beautiful.!
Honestly think the only way your gong to fix the problem with the fine sand is to switch it out, but yours looks a lot deeper than ours was. You may have some trouble even doing that. Ours wasn't half that depth.

Last edited: