Tank Journal Archive

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Post 4: Tank Filled Ro/di, Behind The Scenes
These photos show some more progress on the project. I've basically filled the tank with RO DI water just below the overflow and have a couple of pumps moving the water around whilst I wait on the Sump to be build and installed.
Pumped with the RO/DI system i purchased from PTI Filters Adelaide, thank you - beautiful clean Ro water
I've taken some photos from behind the scenes in the 'Man Cave' ..................behind the wall
Hope you enjoy them
A lot more to come and if you have any ideas for me please please just put it out there. I am here to learn also
IMG_2999.JPG

IMG_3001.JPG
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3002.JPG
IMG_3003.JPG
IMG_3004.JPG

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Loving this build, paticularly that you are not rushing it as that's inevitbly disasterous in this hobby. I've read that in wall tanks have special challenges regarding aquascaping and maintenance so I'll probably never hadve one (mobility issues) but I do love the finished product and yours is looking to be a good one. :D

What's the electronic meter attached to Your RO unit?

Last edited:

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Thanks Ian
The digital read out gives me both parts per million (ppm) coming from the tap into the RO/DI unit and then ppm going out into my water storage containers.
The tap water can vary in my area south of the city from 60ppm up to 150ppm coming in. When it is high it makes my RO unit work harder and there for changing DI resin all the time. When it is low the unit is not required to work as hard to get to 0ppm
When the unit begins pumping out anything other than 0ppm I change the DI resin over.
Hope that answers your question.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
The digital read out gives me both parts per million (ppm) coming from the tap into the RO/DI unit and then ppm going out into my water storage containers.
They are brilliant Ian, well worth having one. Primarily so you know when to change your filters and can get maximum life out of them without replacing them prematurely.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I thought it would be for measuring TDS (Total Disolved Solids) but hadn'been aware you could fit them inline. I'll keep that in mind when I buy mine shortly.
Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I thought it would be for measuring TDS (Total Disolved Solids) but hadn'been aware you could fit them inline. I'll keep that in mind when I buy mine shortly.
Thanks.
yeah Ian most of them come inline :)

love this build i will go and subscribe for the journey