Tank Journal Archive

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Post 7: Apex Hooked Up And Rocked The Dt
The Apex finally came in and i could not be happier. Still working through the manual and learning as i go as well as getting online and seeing what everyone else is doing.

I will just add a few photos of how things are progressing. I am taking my time and making sure things are all ready prior to adding any life. In fact the first sign of life was only added this week when i picked up 20kg of christmas rock from Queensland. Looks great and can't wait to get another 20 - 30kg in the tank to complete the process and the look. It will then be time to add fish and corals.

Still getting the levels adjusted but its coming along nicely
IMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3307.jpg

This screen shot was taken more recently and have now had the temp, ph and salinity constant for a month or more.

Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 10.52.08 pm.png

Below is my water change station RO on top and Salt Water below. I am trying to hook up the RO/DI unit so that it fills the top barrel automatically stoping when it reaches the top and refilling when a switch at the bottom on closed/opened.

IMG_3373.JPG

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Looking great mate, even if it is screaming out for a cable tidy :) Hahaha j/k, loving the apex setup, jealous even!

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
View attachment 38876 View attachment 38877 View attachment 38878
Looking great mate, even if it is screaming out for a cable tidy :) Hahaha j/k, loving the apex setup, jealous even!
Spot on with the cable tie idea.
I am still changing my mind daily on where i want things so yet to give it the clean look. Also adding things here and there and waiting on a Neptune Apex I/O Breakout Box so i can rig up some float switches on the water change barrel

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Updated to the Bata Version of Apexfusion
Easier to use but having issues controlling my pumps from the computer now :( not real happy but sure it work out. If anyone else has had this issue or knows how to fix it please let me know.
ApexFusion Dashboard.png