Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Powermodule Built And Shipped.
Finally , exactly one month after placing my order , my Powermodule has been built and shipped. The factory has been very busy producing orders of the hybrid T5 LED.
I am so chuffed they managed to squeeze in my dimmable T5 unit onto the production line. Hybrids are the only option available these days.
Mine is......
8 x39 T5 with no LED ( old school )

I won't be using the dimming feature for now but it's there if I decide to use it later.

The timing could not be better, the aquarium could be ready for to strike with frags and lighting as soon as ATI arrives.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
I'm just excited to have my unit fixed under warranty 6 months after failure. Knowing this I would have gone a Pacific sun.

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Nice stuff mate!

Can't wait to see this setup someday, you still in crowy?

Mar 12, 2014
Newcastle
Mine got replaced took a while but it was done. I still fine that it over heats as my house is hot. not built for Aussie weather and I'm using their default program. I'm hoping that there is a sofywere upgrade that could speed up the fans

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
If I may add my two cents here , my opinion is the T5 are going to make the LED fail prematurely due temperature.

I would not let the LED run hotter than 55 degrees.

Mar 12, 2014
Newcastle
If I may add my two cents here , my opinion is the T5 are going to make the LED fail prematurely due temperature.

I would not let the LED run hotter than 55 degrees.
the t5s are not the issue, when its a cool day the leds don't reach over 50 ,but on a hot day the fans and the heat sinks don't cope with the heat and they reach 60 at witch the leds switch into a safty mode

Reactions: MTG