Tank Journal Archive

Morphology

Not all mushrooms are kept in the dark...
Oct 6, 2013
Aspendale
Progress Pics
Before we knew the floors were incredibly uneven:
IMG_1146.jpg IMG_1147.jpg

The holding/QT tank stand:

IMG_1148.jpg IMG_1171.jpg IMG_1172.jpg IMG_1169.JPG

The first air con we purchased didn't arrive so happily:
IMG_1159.jpg IMG_1160.JPG

Big tank move day December 23rd 2013. Such a weird photo:
IMG_1209.JPG

Attachments

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Got some lovely pallets off some friends which were almost the perfect size for the stands. Wood in almost perfect condition, needed a little reinforcing and trimming.
IMG_1477.jpg

Ghetto stand building on a 'level' surface in progress, stand 1 on ground, stand 2 leaning against the fence. Will be cutting top ply to size tomorrow and attaching some adjustable legs to counteract the dodgy garage floor.
IMG_1479.jpg IMG_1478.jpg

Sampson being real helpful here.
IMG_1506.JPG

Tank #1 cleaned and ready to go! Tank #2 pretty much there. Not looking forward to having to lift them again to put the stands underneath.
IMG_1509.JPG

The 2 QT/ holding tanks on their stand. I cannot wait to move to the bigger space, the damn things are way too full and are operating without a skimmer which is not ideal.
IMG_1510.JPG

We keep saying "this week will be the week!" but it's taken SO much longer than we anticipated. Goes to show you can't rush anything related to marine ever. The wait has really held up being able to go forth with starting propagation and sales. We're waiting on some parts in the mail for one of the IBCs so they can be hard plumbed with a pump and hose so water changes are much easier. Hopefully the weather eases a little now as the 40 degree days were a challenge! We've also got a whole day in a couple of weeks where the power is scheduled to be off, luckily we've got our generator so things will tick along no matter what which is a comfort.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
all the best and good luck with everything =]
Thanks! I'd say my fingers are crossed but I'm older now so know that won't help :P Can't wait to give the nem and clownfish a tank of their own as they are so happy together now :)

Morphology

Not all mushrooms are kept in the dark...
Oct 6, 2013
Aspendale
Stock was finally added to the tank last weekend - plus the nicest bossy damsel you've ever met.

1399162705219.jpg

Working on getting the second tier up and running soon.