Tank Journal Archive

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Pumps & Plumbing Section
Pumps & plumbing dribble will in here.
Kinda have a plan, but it's fluid & in my mind. I'm a bugger for not writing things down & just going by what I have envisioned in my mind lol. This can lead to a couple of attempts here & there along the same lines.

Didn't really have much in the idea area about return pumps & reactor pump. Knew we wanted something decent & not staying with the wave lines. After some thought over the days & nodding off to sleep each night, I decided to go the hog & set up with Red Dragon 3speedy pumps for return & reactors. Kinda figured, this is a once in my lifetime build so we want shit that is going to work well, last & have some backup with parts when needed. So far we have heard nothing but good reports from these pumps.

So after a couple of days, Couriers Please rocked up at work with a rather large box
IMAG2510.jpg

Had to crack the seal & check them out lol. :D
IMAG2511.jpg

Plan so far is to use two of these on the returns, one each way lol.
The third one will be used for sulphur & Phosphate reactors.
Will be plenty of flow but at least we are not going to have a problem. :D

Nicksy23

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Love it

Can i ask where you ordered your Red Dragon 3speedy pumps from ??? and how much each?

I am keen and have been looking at them for a while but am yet to bite the bullet

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Love it

Can i ask where you ordered your Red Dragon 3speedy pumps from ??? and how much each?

I am keen and have been looking at them for a while but am yet to bite the bullet
Says Aquabella on the box :p

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Love it

Like you I kept looking at them, talking to people that have them & reading lots. Biting the bullet was the hard part lol. It's a bit of coin to part with, but when it comes down to it, do you really want to be replacing your pumps every couple of years? Might be twice the price of other brand name pumps, but I'm looking for three times the life cycle also.

I got them from Aquabella, could not be bothered looking around online overseas for them. There is an Aust. supplier & everything I have heard / read about Nick has been great, no hesitation in recommending him.

I'm only doing a tank this big once this lifetime lol, so I'm going for the best we can afford that suits our purpose, compliments our build & has a very very high user rating from people we know & respect in the hobby, not just FB posts & online reviews.