Tank Journal Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarityreef

Mar 22, 2015
Putting The Parts Together!
Now for the hard part...
Being a rookie plumber myself this as going to be fun.
I have my plan, my plumbing tools and the two tanks.
The return took almost 2 hrs to complete, after measuring, cutting, measuring and cutting again and glueing
The outflow was the same, but with the same design as the return it was a little easier, minus the fact that I glued one pipe at a funny angle. Had to saw the funny part off and start again.

To strengthen, I had to brace the pipe, which meant building an ledge a the back of the tank and using saddle to attach the pipes.

Vinyl tubes was used for the section going into the sump so I could attach valves. didn't end up using the ball valves casue it was SO HARD to turn then it was just frustrating.

All up, took about 2 days.

Attachments

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Looks good! :) as long as plenty of glue and decent amount of pipe in the fittings it should be all sweet with no leaks

Clarityreef

Mar 22, 2015
Looks good! :) as long as plenty of glue and decent amount of pipe in the fittings it should be all sweet with no leaks
My Eheim arrived, and was fixed in right away. I tested the pipes for leaks with lots of rainwater, unfortunatly there were leaks a the elbows because someone ( whom shall not be named!) told be they didn't need glue. Problem all fixed and running smoothly!

Status
Not open for further replies.