Reef Discussion

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Question On Jebao Wavemakers
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? I'd emailed through to fish street to see what they thought. He said I'd need 2 of these and from past dealings Eric at fish street seems to know whats up

Just wondering what you guys think?

http://www.fish-street.com/aqlink_s1_wifi_jebao_adapter?search_string=s1

Im just trying to upgrade my pumps to something controllable and with a bit more power I've got 2 of the tunze ones at the moment which I'd keep I'm sure I'd have need of them some day.

These just seem to be half price to any other controllable power head I've seen... tank is 3ft long 1ft wide and 1ft deep have a mix of sps and lps at the moment

upload_2016-11-21_10-15-58.png

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have 3 of the RW15 pumps in my 6x 2.5 x 2 and it is plenty of power. I replaced some tunze 6105 pumps that were dying a few years ago.
The only thing I miss is the silence of the Tunze... the Jebao are pretty loud. Maybe the smaller RW8 pumps are quiet but I have never tried.
This controller is very cool though! Might have to think about getting one.

Well I thought one unit could control my pumps but it looks like you need one for each pump.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
I've got a S1 Wifi controller barely used, for sale, in case you are already have the pump.

I love the RW pumps, but my experience with the S1 isn't exactly great.
1. The app isn't very friendly.
2. You need to disconnect your phone from your home wifi and connected to the controller's wifi, every time you want to re-configure it with the app.
3. You need one S1 for every pump, which adds up to the cost.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Its unfortunate that it is set up that way. Hopefully sometime in the future they make one that can control a few pumps and is a bit more friendly with the wifi!

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
I ended up buying it with the S1 controllers, I don't think the controllers were much. I figure with stuff like this you get what you pay for.. I hopefully don't plan on fiddling with it too much once I get it set up but it should work out better than what I have now

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I run Jebao EVERYTHING from wave makers, skimmers, return pumps and I have 6 of their gyre generators, I love their products. I just got a pair of the new SW-2 pumps for testing and they move a hell of a lot of water for a tiny pump.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I run Jebao EVERYTHING from wave makers, skimmers, return pumps and I have 6 of their gyre generators, I love their products. I just got a pair of the new SW-2 pumps for testing and they move a hell of a lot of water for a tiny pump.
I have just had two of the older Rw15 pumps die on me after a couple of years. One was intermittently working for the past few months and the other completely died yesterday. The Third one is still going strong. I just bought the new ones with the bigger magnets and WiFi controllers.
I was gonna get one of their gyre cp40 pumps too but I read too much bad stuff about them so decided against it. Maybe when a Gen2 comes out.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I have just had two of the older Rw15 pumps die on me after a couple of years. One was intermittently working for the past few months and the other completely died yesterday. The Third one is still going strong. I just bought the new ones with the bigger magnets and WiFi controllers.
I was gonna get one of their gyre cp40 pumps too but I read too much bad stuff about them so decided against it. Maybe when a Gen2 comes out.
Give them a vinegar bath for a few hours and they'll be right as rain. The only thing on them I've had fail was the cheap ass power supplies. Make sure you free up the shaft inside of the impeller, that's where the deposits occur. I pull mine down every 6 weeks for a preventative bath.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Give them a vinegar bath for a few hours and they'll be right as rain. The only thing on them I've had fail was the cheap ass power supplies. Make sure you free up the shaft inside of the impeller, that's where the deposits occur. I pull mine down every 6 weeks for a preventative bath.
Yup I have done that. They are as clean as the day I got them.
Fish street said they need to have the motor replaced.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Have you tried a different power supply? I wrote 2 of mine off as dead, changed the supply and they worked good as new. With your tank, I'd try 2 of the CP-25 gyre generators. I have 1 on a 3' tank and it turns it into a washing machine on anything above the 3rd level. I turn it up once in a while to make the ritteri happy. That's another thing I've noticed, they don't wander with the gyre generator equipped tanks. Unless you have a 6' tank, the CP-40 is overkill.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I tried the power supply on my working rw 15 and still nothing. Also tried a different 24v and a 12v and they didn't help either. I will have another play around but I think they are dead.
I already ordered 3 more Rw15 pumps.
My tank is a 6ft and I almost pulled the trigger on a gyre but there were too many people having failures of the cp40 within 3 months so decided not to.
What do you think if I added a cp25 to my three rw-15 pumps? Too much?
Have you ever had a cp40 stop?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I haven't had an issue with them, I only have 1 and it's been in service for 6-8 months. If you don't have an 8' tank that is wide, the CP-40 is overkill. My CP-25s move water in 2m x 1.5m wide coral runs just fine, I have one at each end of the tank and they're 40cm deep. The one and only CP-40 I have is on a super long quarantine run and it moves the water those 3 metres just fine.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I haven't had an issue with them, I only have 1 and it's been in service for 6-8 months. If you don't have an 8' tank that is wide, the CP-40 is overkill. My CP-25s move water in 2m x 1.5m wide coral runs just fine, I have one at each end of the tank and they're 40cm deep. The one and only CP-40 I have is on a super long quarantine run and it moves the water those 3 metres just fine.
Now I am wondering if I should get a cp25 with the fish street sale on...............

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Hey guys,

Looks like my 2 pumps have arrived today, just wondering what placement/ speeds you recommend for someone who has them? I figure one pump at either end of the tank but I've still got to research a bit more on proper placement and speeds

Cheers

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have them at either end in the back corners angled slightly up and pointing to the other diagonal corner/front of the tank.
Then you can just play around with the modes. I think the hardest thing is not blowing the sand around.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Hey guys,

Looks like my 2 pumps have arrived today, just wondering what placement/ speeds you recommend for someone who has them? I figure one pump at either end of the tank but I've still got to research a bit more on proper placement and speeds

Cheers
What size tank? What are you keeping? LPS, SPS, soft corals?

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Okay probably going to need a bit of help haha. Ive got them all plugged in now and have the app set up but no idea what to go for.

Tank is 3 foot long 1 foot deep 1 foot wide. At the moment its not got a whole lot of coral but a few bits and pieces sps and lps. Hammer torch birdsnest and club coral

Had a bit if a play arou d and i think the gyre motion sounds like it mught be best?

Also how long do you guys put it i to night mode for?

Customisation is cool but when you got no idea it gets a bit tricky