Reef Discussion

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I have no clue about using the app, mine are old skool stupid controllers. Start at 50% and go from there, I like the rolling wavemaker set at about 10 seconds. Any slower and you get too much rocking of the water and spilling, been there done that. I woke up one morning and the pups wouldn't go into the living room, I sloshed about 5 litres out on the floor. They thought someone had an accident and didn't wanna get blamed for it, lol.

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Haha yea had a bit of a nightmare morning with this.. left it on "Natural" mode all night thinking that would be quite relaxed in comparison to "Reef" mode i also set up the night thing on to reduce power by 50% between 10 and 10 thinking that would work.

Ended up with sand mounds and 2 of the corners in the tank barebottom, had to then go digging around the sand to try and find my acans and fungia plate which had been buried, they seem to be okay though.

I might try the pulse mode tonight - at the moment I've got them 1 on the back left corner and one on the front right so it kind of does a circular motion not sure if this is correct?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
If you have very fine sand, you should start slowly and change angles accordingly. We got M's 60 cube because the crackheads has an eel in there and 952,000lph flow. The powerheads moved the sand and the eel toppled the rocks and one went right through the bottom of the tank.

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
I think i have it sorted now - i put them on pulse like you recommended. I'll have to double check that everything is happy over the weekend while i can watch

Does 40% sound like there would be enough flow coming from the RW 15s?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I only run my RW15 (x3) at about 60% on my 6ft tank and it is heaps of flow.