Tank Journal Archive

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Nice... I have heard on the reefthreads podcast they have spoken about magic eraser before for cleaning glass etc...assumed it was only a USA thing. Ill find one.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Nice... I have heard on the reefthreads podcast they have spoken about magic eraser before for cleaning glass etc...assumed it was only a USA thing. Ill find one.
Yeah they sell them at the supermarket, make sure you get original only (not kitchen/bathroom) and only get the genuine Chux brand. You can slice them when they are dry with a serrated knife very very easily and pop between your mag cleaner to do your glass. I had a brown film on my skimmer that was just not coming off. Had ran the skimmer in warm water/vinegar mix for an hour, came in with a new nail brush and scrubbed HARD. Got very little off in about 15mins of scrubbing. Remembered I had a pack of these, and literally just wiped the brown off with zero effort. Couldn't believe it!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Looking good Sam! I did this about a month ago with my sump. Removed it from the tank and took it outside to clean. Even pulled all of my plumbing out and cleaned it!
Feels good to have a shiny sump again :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Looking good Sam! I did this about a month ago with my sump. Removed it from the tank and took it outside to clean. Even pulled all of my plumbing out and cleaned it!
Feels good to have a shiny sump again :)
Much more dedication than me... I only cleaned the bits I could get to easily, the rest of my sump is fairly, um, busy:
as25.postimg.org_szew4imrz_IMG_4313.jpg

jart

Apr 10, 2015
Looking good, Sam. Excusing my ignorance, but what is that in your first pic? An algae scrubber?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Looking good, Sam. Excusing my ignorance, but what is that in your first pic? An algae scrubber?
Hi Jart,

sure is mate, is a Santa Monica algae turf scrubber. this is the unit removed from the water ready to be stripped out :)