Tank Journal Archive

Zucckeeno

Oct 13, 2014
Sydney
Quick Update
The tank has been running for around 2 months now and is looking great, I'm also finding it very easy to maintain great parameters. There's even some good coraline growth on many of the shells my daughter decided need to be in there.

I have added almost all the coral I want in there which includes morphs, zoa's, nano hammers, a few Acan frags and a nano elegance. I will probably add a few more morphs in different colours and Zoa's.

I had a brief issue with the green clown goby getting some sort of fungal infection, however sorted this out with a brief QT and treatment with anti fungal, the porcelain crab is going great.

I'm really happy with it and can't wait to see what it looks like in 12 months.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
I really like the look, you havn't gone crazy with any "random" bright coloured corals. Nice looking setup

Zucckeeno

Oct 13, 2014
Sydney
Thanks Rob, I have been pretty selective with what goes in there. Main thing was keeping all pieces quite small and not wanting any one coral to take the eye from the rest of the tank.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Its always hard not to go crazy and buy adhoc corals only to realise 6-12 months later there is a better way to match the various corals in the scape. I ended up with a lot of corals I did not want after 6 months as I realised they just did not compliment the other corals around them.

Not that I have purchased corals for a while however I really like buying two corals together and see how they look next to one another. An average "cheaper" coral can look great paired against a complimenting coral and you can see this in the shop getting the LFS to place both next to one another.

Looks like this scape had a little more thought than mine originally. Whats your fish plan if any ?

Zucckeeno

Oct 13, 2014
Sydney
I have a small green clown Gobie and a porcelain crab in there at the moment, that's about the max the tank is capable of holding given its on 18L. My plan is really just to add a few more morphs of varying colours to the Rock on the left and small clumps of zoas (4 to 5 polyps) to the rock on the right. That's about it really!

I am considering building a new tank which would be a nano peninsular tank around 48L, if I do it will be about 1200mm x 200mm x 200mm with a sump around the same volume as I want a few more fish. If I do I will transfer everything from the Pico to that.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I am considering building a new tank which would be a nano peninsular tank around 48L, if I do it will be about 1200mm x 200mm x 200mm with a sump around the same volume as I want a few more fish. If I do I will transfer everything from the Pico to that.
That sounds amazing! I've seen similar on nano-reef but not that long and shallow I don't think.