Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Quotes And Designing Stage
Things are starting to move along. First thing though, the tank has now gone from 90cm to 100cm to accommodate the sump and chiller more comfortably.
I've got quotes for the welding up of the frame, getting it clad and the building of the tank.- all reasonably priced.
Purchased a bit of the plumbing so that I can accurately work out the overflow and the sump dimensions.
I've designed and drawn up the overflow system and the acrylic guy is giving me a quote next week.
I've made a cardboard mockup for the sump that @somethingfishy76 and I put or heads together the other day and came up with - should work a treat.
I found a cabinet maker (also a reefer) who is going to clad the stand for me outside hours for cash in hand to save me a bit of money.
I think the first thing I'll get done is the stand welded up so that I can spend a bit of time getting the interior planned and built.
I'll start posting some pics as soon as I get the various parts built.
This is fun!!!!!

Was great planning with you mate, looking forward to seeing that overflow system. You know i'm going to copy you right...haha. Fantastic that the cabinet guy will help you with the cost. That cardboard mockup was a brilliant idea...

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Damn it, I wish I was down there. After we got done building it, we could go collect critters to fill it. I'm doing a 4' 90 gallon up here for an attorney and he's going to draw up my will, decent trade. I like building things, doesn't matter what it is if it's within my scope I can do it. Now wiring, you'll wanna get someone else in on that aspect or there WILL be majik smokes, sometimes sparks and one time an explosion. o_0