Reef Discussion

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
radion is one of the last lights i would get, preference would be illumagic/ghl mitras, then elos / vertex, then kessil then maxspec razor.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
you missed the s-series matt :rolleyes

But seriously, I 100% agree, wouldn't touch a radion personally apart from the reports of them overclocking and burning out very quickly, they use green LEDs......why?

I have been pretty quickly converted by Illumagic having seen one in action and now owning one, don't see me going away from them now.

What size tank do you have?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
you missed the s-series matt :rolleyes

But seriously, I 100% agree, wouldn't touch a radion personally apart from the reports of them overclocking and burning out very quickly, they use green LEDs......why?

I have been pretty quickly converted by Illumagic having seen one in action and now owning one, don't see me going away from them now.

What size tank do you have?
quoted this for future reference lol

its the optics on the illumagics that i love the most, gives it a crisp look to its competitors.
plus the sleek styling a perfect mid of colour rendition. i dont have a complaint about them
the GHL looks like a high power unit, but the question i put before myself is would i use that much power? the simple answer is no :p

oh god id take a radeon over a s series maxspec, hahaha they were the biggest let down!

Phil

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
hmm.. so i come home im asked why the light isnt on yet over the tank.. checked all the timers and plugs and switches.. alternate cords on the power board with the heater and whatnot.. the whole time im saying out loud .. 'oh i think the light is f#*cked' .. 2 seconds later 'yea its gone' .. 'peice of shit' .. and in my mind im thinking ' f#*k yes ' perfect excuse.. 'erm yea i need a new one or everything is gonna die ' haha.. long pause and silence then i hear "well might be a good idea to buy one then" :D :D ... PERFECT
so lets go shopping :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
hmm.. so i come home im asked why the light isnt on yet over the tank.. checked all the timers and plugs and switches.. alternate cords on the power board with the heater and whatnot.. the whole time im saying out loud .. 'oh i think the light is f#*cked' .. 2 seconds later 'yea its gone' .. 'peice of shit' .. and in my mind im thinking ' f#*k yes ' perfect excuse.. 'erm yea i need a new one or everything is gonna die ' haha.. long pause and silence then i hear "well might be a good idea to buy one then" :D :D ... PERFECT
so lets go shopping :)
what you getting?

Phil

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
Lol ... If one ghl or radeon pro was enough .. I would've went that way but wasn't meant to be :p
I couldn't justify paying double :(

Phil

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
Hahaha .. Well it's all up and running ..
If anyone was planning on going out clubbing this weekend save your money and come over to mine .. The led disco lights are happening right here.. The walls are shimmering .. My fish and coral sand are alternating colours at a million miles an hour .. Maybe too much water surface movement

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Haha fair call...whether its a rusty disco or not will still be a disco..I have no real problem with them except that they're not a Radion or mitras but I be ever so biased lol :P