Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Red Sea A And B
Hi has anyone used reef energy A and B, if so what do you think of it, how offend should i use it and do i dose in sump? I have used reef plus and reef trace before

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Following along, although would take a lot for me to step away from 18 months of Trace & Plus

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Last week I was given a free sample of A and B to try by the Red Sea rep.
I'll give it a go when I set the tank up at the new apartment, but like Rob I it would take me a fair amount of result to move away from Trace & Plus.
I did try A and B a couple of years ago very briefly but can't remember what the results were.
I'll follow you on this one.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Last week I was given a free sample of A and B to try by the Red Sea rep.
I'll give it a go when I set the tank up at the new apartment, but like Rob I it would take me a fair amount of result to move away from Trace & Plus.
I did try A and B a couple of years ago very briefly but can't remember what the results were.
I'll follow you on this one.
yes i like the plus and trace,but i have 6 lots of the A and B and don't want to waist them, also was reading about A,B,C,D in the colour ones and wondering if they are any good??

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
According to the Red Sea rep A & B are the duck's guts. :D
If he is a red sea rep he is doing his job, I would like to hear from people that have used it. the plus and trace say 2 dose 2 x a week but red sea don't say how often

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
I got some, I used it, I probably won't go out of my way to get some again, switched to DUPLA salt.

Will find some other trace/amino supp instead.

I think its just generic and if they are flogging something with something I am always skeptical, if a product is really good it'll stand alone and sell on its own merit.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
If he is a red sea rep he is doing his job, I would like to hear from people that have used it. the plus and trace say 2 dose 2 x a week but red sea don't say how often
The Red Sea A & B is each daily.
With the Plus and Trace, I work out how much of each is required for the week and then dose the required amount of each daily, but one on one day and the other on the next. It's really easy once you get into a routine.
Seachem say it's best to keep the dosing apart. I also keep both bottles in the fridge.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I used A and B for 9 months
Was thinking I was happy with results until then put onto Trace and Plus
Wouldn't go back to Red sea again,
Much higher dosage rate daily, skimmer goes nuts, (doesn't with seachem)
My nitrates and phos was def harder to control
If given free I would use for sake of using but if having to purchase, wouldn't buy again.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I used A and B for 9 months
Was thinking I was happy with results until then put onto Trace and Plus
Wouldn't go back to Red sea again,
Much higher dosage rate daily, skimmer goes nuts, (doesn't with seachem)
My nitrates and phos was def harder to control
If given free I would use for sake of using but if having to purchase, wouldn't buy again.
yeah i am happy with the plus and trace but should use the free A and B or throw out

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Def use of free. Just watch your phos & nitrates us all.
thanks, I might throw them because I struggles with them anyway.The plus and trace I use could they put them up, I dose 2 x a week, 5ml per 80 lts of each, I have cut back feeding do water change at least once a week 100lts, and use no pox every day, have just added chemo-pure elite, but still they creep up

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
thanks, I might throw them because I struggles with them anyway.The plus and trace I use could they put them up, I dose 2 x a week, 5ml per 80 lts of each, I have cut back feeding do water change at least once a week 100lts, and use no pox every day, have just added chemo-pure elite, but still they creep up
Seachem say they contain no nitrates and min phos
I've certainly had no issues and use twice a week too.
I woudnt ditch them I am
Sure if used sparingjy instead of daily you would be fine

Just interested , I feed my corals because I run a low nutrient system

If you are struggling with nitrate & phos I personally would not be feeding ?
Corals will survive nicely on their own with slightly higher numbers &
Good lighting. & fish poop

Just food for thought :)

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Seachem say they contain no nitrates and min phos
I've certainly had no issues and use twice a week too.
I woudnt ditch them I am
Sure if used sparingjy instead of daily you would be fine

Just interested , I feed my corals because I run a low nutrient system

If you are struggling with nitrate & phos I personally would not be feeding ?
Corals will survive nicely on their own with slightly higher numbers &
Good lighting. & fish poop

Just food for thought :)
thanks again for that. I have been feeding marine snow 1 x a week and reef roids 1x a week, that may be my problem