Reef Discussion

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I wouldnt be dosing anything you cant test for! I think anemones require the micro organisms provided by an old tank as opposed to the trace elements.

As mentioned above I would keep up regular water changes with NSW (my personal preference) to maintain the levels as your current stock list wont be depreciating the elements at any great rate.

Are salifert test kits still available in Aus I was told by an LFS that they were no longer allowed to import them due to some technicality with some of their re-agents.... This could just be bullshit from the store owner as he wanted to sell me another brand but I would like to know as I love the salifert test kits I have but I really need a mag kit. Sorry for the off topic!

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
kh=16, unless its from whn you start noticeing a change to yellow/orange in which case its 13.
phos is at 3mg
ph= 8.5
ammonia=0
cal=436mg/l
mag=900mg/l

good bad average???

Phosphate is hige so ill lookinto a phos reamover

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
mag is to low alk is rather high. usualy its the other way around when dosing the abc+ usualy the calcium gets to high and the alk is low.

i would recommend you dose alk calc and magnesium seperatly so you can control the levels.
what phos test kit are you using?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
can you take a sample of your water to someone or a LFS and get them to test your levels just to confirm ?