Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Red Sea
Hi has anyone used Red sea A,B,C,D, coral colour treatments? saw it advertised and it looked interesting

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
if you do regular water changes I didn't notice any real benefit, the test kits are some of the most complicated I have ever come across, yielding less than accurate results to boot.

Its no real different to adding a trace element combo, I use elos trace (an all in one solution) and if anything that seems to work better than dosing 4 different things supposedly customised to produce better reds, blues, greens etc

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
if you do regular water changes I didn't notice any real benefit, the test kits are some of the most complicated I have ever come across, yielding less than accurate results to boot.

Its no real different to adding a trace element combo, I use elos trace (an all in one solution) and if anything that seems to work better than dosing 4 different things supposedly customised to produce better reds, blues, greens etc
thanks, I currently use reef plus and reef trace, is that the same thing?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
they have a few, which one are you using NiCd?
I can only see the prima line stuff online, ill take a photo of it when I get home.

They gave me a free bottle of it and a few other things when I brought my tank, it was the only thing out of the lot that I really found better than anything else I was already using so I stocked up on it.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I can only see the prima line stuff online, ill take a photo of it when I get home.

They gave me a free bottle of it and a few other things when I brought my tank, it was the only thing out of the lot that I really found better than anything else I was already using so I stocked up on it.
are you thinking of the ABC foundation ones, they are different from the ABCD colour treatment,it is very confusing

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
are you thinking of the ABC foundation ones, they are different from the ABCD colour treatment,it is very confusing
No the colour program. When it first came out I was given the complete range and all of the test kits to try out, i think i used to test kits half a dozen times and pulled my hair out every time, I ended up going of the calcium consumptions, which for the man with a million snails didn't quiet balance up.

The level of iron they get you to run is considered toxic by everyone else and just seems to coincide with the level their test kit can detect.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
No the colour program. When it first came out I was given the complete range and all of the test kits to try out, i think i used to test kits half a dozen times and pulled my hair out every time, I ended up going of the calcium consumptions, which for the man with a million snails didn't quiet balance up.

The level of iron they get you to run is considered toxic by everyone else and just seems to coincide with the level their test kit can detect.
ok thanks, if you pulled your hair out I would be a basket case, think I will give it a miss