Tank Journal Archive

Reefugium Update
Its been almost three months without any Lanthium addition. I decided to go without it and focus on getting a reefuge going. After almost 12 week my Phos fortnightly was...
18/04 0.07
09/05 0.078
16/05 0.08
14/06 0.14 (Added the gold rim Tang and feeding was increased to get him eating)
Today 0.014

Ecstatic about this result, My ball of chaeto has become a huge block now. I decided to add another 36W grow light so that I have two of them. This helped spread the cheato as the focus angle is only 90 degrees and the height from the light to the water surface is only so high. To get wider spread I needed another light. I made a partition to prevent any cheato from getting into the skimmer suction. Its great and thanks to @daveH for the help. Also decided to go from two large socks down to one. Changing it out every 5 days instead of every 10 days. This too would have contributed towards a lower phosphate reading.

fuge2.JPG

Id like to hear from people how to cut a bit of class safely out of a sump, I intend on moving the skimmer into the old second sock spot and give the cheato even bigger room to grow in.

sock.JPG

And then as usual a shot of my tank as of yesterday. Gold Rim Tank has settled in very nicely and is happy.

TANK TODAY.JPG