Reef Discussion

IJG3145

Oct 27, 2015
South Gippsland
Rigid Tubing - Outsmarted By My 8yo Daughter!
I'm putting together a DIY feeder as part of my plan to keep my hands out of the next build, as much as possible. For the record when I told my 18yo son this he said I was full of bullshit - he's probably right because I enjoy hand feeding.

Anyway I needed some rigid tubing about the same size as airline for the contraption I'm making. Bunnings online catalogue said they had 450mm rigid irrigation risers for under $2 so off I went. They did have it and although ideally I would use clear tubing, this will do just fine. The only issue is I forgot the math. M+B = >P.

Male + Bunnings = Greater than Planned spend.

$200 dollars later we're leaving in the car when my little girl points out that I spent more than planned and asked exactly what I had needed, so I showed her the riser and explained its application.

Hayley (8yo) says "My riser is longer than yours and it was free". I look around and she's proudly holding out her free Bunnings balloon and the 60cm of white rigid tubing that they tie the free balloon to!

I could have bought nothing and just let her grab her balloon. o_0

https://www.bunnings.com.au/pope-450mm-rigid-riser-with-adaptor_p3129097

Last edited:

Trentwalsh

Dec 21, 2013
Werribee
Classsic....
For this reason i hate bunnings i always go to spend $10 on something...
Nek minnut im leaving the store broke thinking wtf can i use all this crap for?

E

ezza

It's a man trap, a paradise for those inclined to value their tools. :D
It's not just a man trap! I am personally acquainted with my local Bunnings staff. They know me so well they ask how various projects have gone. I end up chatting to one of the horticulturalists regularly. I used to go in there to walk around when I didn't feel great. I would inevitably leave hours later with the hundred+ dollar shopping bill. I have an extensive collection of plumbing accessories and uninstalled projects now. :p Since summer there has been a click together floor system sitting in my back room waiting for me to install it (or rather, get someone else to install it) thanks to one of those Bunnings trips with my Mum when she was feeling guilty and generous for not doing more for me while I was ill...

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Hey you're letting the team down. Now fess up, was your other half watching you? :D
No, but it was during my lunch break so I didn't have a lot of time. And, as is usually the case, it took me an inordinate amount of time to decide what plumbing bits I needed :p