Tank Journal Archive

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Rock In And The Cycle Begins :)
Hey guys small update!

Purchased 50kg carib sea primo reef rock n have begun to cycle.

Also skimmer finaly arrived and all looks great :)

Fitted a 32mm conduit elbow on the down pipe as the stock plumbing was very nosey and it now running almost silent :)
Enjoy some pics

1412833668699.jpg 1412833728974.jpg

Attachments

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
Nice stuff mate! You got your tank after me and your already cycling your tank you lucky bugger! :P I also revised my Cades plumbing, I could tell straight away it was going to be noisy LOL!

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Nice stuff mate! You got your tank after me and your already cycling your tank you lucky bugger! :p I also revised my Cades plumbing, I could tell straight away it was going to be noisy LOL!
Yeah i got lucky had all my equipment in straight away :) haha im expecting a long cycle though with the base rock i might seed the fuge area with some live rock next week :) youve got the 1000? Yeah plumbing looked horrible and non standard sizing so rather than replacing the lot tried the elbow and its worked great n 2$ lol

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
Yeah i got lucky had all my equipment in straight away :) haha im expecting a long cycle though with the base rock i might seed the fuge area with some live rock next week :) youve got the 1000? Yeah plumbing looked horrible and non standard sizing so rather than replacing the lot tried the elbow and its worked great n 2$ lol
Haha very lucky, awesome setup mate :) Haha dw, you'll get there ;) Sure do :D originally had a 1200 on hold but things fell through with an apartment, new apartments layout wouldn't fit a 1200 :( so went the next best one :P

Yerrr, the non-standard sizing pipe work is awesome fun -_- I didn't think of conduit! That's an awesome idea, I custom fit some 25mm PVC lol

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Haha very lucky, awesome setup mate :) Haha dw, you'll get there ;) Sure do :D originally had a 1200 on hold but things fell through with an apartment, new apartments layout wouldn't fit a 1200 :( so went the next best one :p

Yerrr, the non-standard sizing pipe work is awesome fun -_- I didn't think of conduit! That's an awesome idea, I custom fit some 25mm PVC lol
WIll be interesting seeing your tank grow with mine and radions v kessils and deltec v tunze? Forgot which skimmer u went

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
WIll be interesting seeing your tank grow with mine and radions v kessils and deltec v tunze? Forgot which skimmer u went
Yes that will be very interesting! Yeah, I went a Tunze skimmer 9410 it's rater for tanks up to 1000l :) Interested to see how the Deltec skimmer goes.

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Yes that will be very interesting! Yeah, I went a Tunze skimmer 9410 it's rater for tanks up to 1000l :) Interested to see how the Deltec skimmer goes.
Deltec sc1455 is rated upto 1000 too lol very similar tanks

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
I

heard they are great value for money. Do you like it?? I have a 2 foot cube and was going to get one
For the 2 ft cube id go the 1350 the 1455 is rated for upto 1000 ltrs might a bit much hut they seem great so far n deltec has a great name