Tank Journal Archive

Rock Scaping - Thoughts?
I picked up some great rocks for a bargain yesterday (thanks @Grimz) and got working on trying to put something together. Quickties are messy! Imagine 2cm of sand in the bottom of it. Hammers/torches on the front left. Back right would be SPS up too, with zoas and mushrooms below. I'm after lots of swimming space.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__Bs2oQOBz5Bo_VM2jxcoiz4I_AAAAAAAAZddec3d2977952b124818534e8bf40d733.jpg

alh4.googleusercontent.com__B2uo__MdRMk_VM2jurRthTI_AAAAAAAAZc190eb91e7be221141db2d927705d5fdd.jpg

I'll get a better pic at night time.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I like it! What kind of SPS are going on top? You could create a more slanted piece with that bommie on the right if you need to, but it depends on what kind of height the SPS is going to be grown there.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Looks great. As long as you have a god vision of it with corals placed, then go with it. I think people obsess about how pretty their rocks look when ultimately you do t want to see them at all.

For example this is always used as an example of the 'ultimate' scape. Yet covered in coral I find it pretty average!

image.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll look into it. It's also worth noting that I'll be moving house around December, and I'm just going to buy frags when I can, so they may not make that height before December. But I'll still play around with it.