Tank Journal Archive

Nov 15, 2012
i cant rotate you will need to edit before uploading :) what corals is it eating?
Seems to be picking at rocks, likes some zoo's and xenias from what's been happening in the tank...

In Terms of the photo it is the right way up everywhere but then rotates when I select insert full size image :( The ones of my MP10 rotated differently for some reason. but then others like FTS work fine.... Hmmm No idea :(

If you right click and open in a new tab, it turns it the right way. Go figure.

Cool looking crab, shame it is eating your corals.
Kind of want to keep the crab. he is cool looking... But as soon as he has a fish for dinner... He is gone (if I can catch it) No idea on the photo...

Nov 15, 2012
OK.

Salinity: 1.025
KH: 7.4 (Low :( )
CA: 430 (:))
Mg: 1400(WTF... Check again...WTF...)
PO4: 0.08ppm (Getting better. Last week was .128ppm only change was a water change :mad:)

Just to change it up I added red sea Foundation B today 10ml to raise KH by 1. Apart from giving me a massive issue with micro bubbles and turning water a cloudy colour as I added it I will check tomorrow to see if it did anything...

Nothing else really noteworthy. Oh I have noticed on a piece of flat rock i have this fluro green little pod... It looks like a little coral has started to grow in the middle of no where.

Spot fed most corals with reef roids mixed in tank water and just pipeted them near them... we will see how that works out.

Been doing a lot of research. Tomorrow I am going to order 2 new circulation pumps and a new skimmer then get the stevieT media basket sorted ASAP. Got to get this mod done ASAP.

Nov 15, 2012
OK. Photo time. Can people please identify some of these???

IMG_0001_2.jpg
IMG_0002_2.jpg
IMG_0003_2.jpg
IMG_0004_2.jpg OK... WTF is this branch stuff???
IMG_0016_2.jpg Anthias... There is 5 of these little babies in there :):)
IMG_0015_2.jpg
IMG_0014_2.jpg More Zoos... they are going bezerk
IMG_0013_2.jpg Fluro green morph came on the bit of rock the leather was on. It too is twice the size
IMG_0012_2.jpg Some type of purple/blue xenia??? thoughts anyone???
IMG_0011_2.jpg
IMG_0010_2.jpg BTA is twice the size of when I got it :):)
IMG_0009_2.jpg Clown never leaves this guy except to eat. Of a night he lies on it when its gone in or lies in the sand basically under it...
IMG_0008_2.jpg
IMG_0008_2.jpg
IMG_0007_2.jpg Zoos taking a ride on an urchin. Every time I take them off within an hour he has found them and has them again. Going to need to glue these ones down i reckon :):)
IMG_0006_2.jpg Random stuff grew all over this rock... What is this???
IMG_0005_2.jpg

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Sounds like you have a decorator urchin. They pick shit up and carry it on their backs. Can be a pain in the ass. As for the purple stuff, it is not Xenia. It is something different. Grows similar thou.

Nov 15, 2012
Sounds like you have a decorator urchin. They pick shit up and carry it on their backs. Can be a pain in the ass. As for the purple stuff, it is not Xenia. It is something different. Grows similar thou.
Yeah there are 2 decorator urchins in there. They love the zoos. Oh well. I am about to order some Coral Glue so I can glue that shit down.

Nov 15, 2012
OK. so a little Amonia :( no Nitrite :) A little Nitrate :( Lucky its water change day :)

Alk 7.0 :(
Ca 400ppm :(
Mg 1200 :(

Dosed all 3. will do another water test tomorrow and if my LFS is open get another 20L NSW and prob do another change. Also get some live brine to keep everyone interested :D

@MTG has me thinking about a new scape... We will see what happens over the long w/end:cool:

I will post a picture in a minute of a coral I got for free. Its not in great shape hence free... from my LFS (They did a coral clean out the other day and re did there tanks... Hoping someone can Identify what it is supposed to be. I have no idea. It has started to get an orange colour to it. been in the tank a week...)

EDIT: Here is the photo... Ignore the pain in the arse cyano on gravel. that will be cleaned today :)

Random Coral.JPG

Reactions: MTG
Nov 15, 2012
Looks like a very bleached, very sick, Lobo. Has a chance though, still good 'flesh' on the skeleton.
Had a google. Def looks similar. dont think it had much light. currently it is on my sand bed.

If I get around to the re scape I might try get it higher in the tank