6 units 4 x 54w giesemann matrix dimitec
5 x 54w full spectrum pulsar led

Engineer is building a light frame
2300mm x 1200mm
Will be zinc & double powder coated black

Blue is Matrix
Red is Pulzar
IMG_9003.JPG

The lighting will be running across the tank and this set up allows for full tank coverage

Now obviously with tank being so wide would be impossible to reach in for maintenance tasks
So decided this whole unit has to be electrically lifted out the way and easily put back to its original height
It's total weight 155kg
Preferably via remote control

IMG_9213.JPG

The next step begins
Hoping will be installed within the next 2 weeks

The light frame will still show the gorgeous matrix fixture ( thanks to me )
Although I've def complicated the whole / easy usual hood
Why hide it when it's such a sexy unit
Right ?
Tell husband they lol

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Love the idea to move the lights -any more details?
We've had amazing advise and above & beyond customer service from an USA based company' who with a simple email designed this for us

They have just opened a warehouse only facility in vic & nsw
But all consulting has been with their technical guys in USA
They not only designed and sent us plans within 24hs but also compiled the complete shopping list to get this done
The C channel & pulleys are purchased at Bunnings
They will also talk us through install

We tried to find a company anywhere in oz & no one would assist us
We had one quote at quadruple doing it this way

The lights will take 90 secs to reach ceiling , out of the way and 90 back down into place when needed
IMG_0864.JPG

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
It'll be freaking amazing! The design they came up with to use one actuator instead of two (like I was mistakenly telling you to do) is brilliant. The actuator will move one beam side to side. That one beam will track between 2 C channels mounted up in the roof. The four light frame cables will attach to that beam and do a right turn via some pulleys mounted in the roof and go down to to the light frame. Sometimes I love engineering, this is a good example.

Makes for a compact, super strong, fairly cheap and very universal light frame lifter. One that many of us could steal I think :D

It will be controlled via remote control, but also very easy to connect up a wall plate or connect to a smart phone or a timer of sorts. It could lift up once a week/month or something as a reminder that tank servicing is due LOL

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Hi
Well after many months of research & asking questions
Sorry @Sam Parker
The automation of the lights is underway

LIGHTS
6 units 4 x 54w giesemann matrix dimitec
5 x 54w full spectrum pulsar led

Engineer is building a light frame
2300mm x 1200mm
Will be zinc & double powder coated black

Blue is Matrix
Red is Pulzar
View attachment 56227

The lighting will be running across the tank and this set up allows for full tank coverage

Now obviously with tank being so wide would be impossible to reach in for maintenance tasks
So decided this whole unit has to be electrically lifted out the way and easily put back to its original height
It's total weight 155kg
Preferably via remote control

View attachment 56231
The next step begins
Hoping will be installed within the next 2 weeks

The light frame will still show the gorgeous matrix fixture ( thanks to me )
Although I've def complicated the whole / easy usual hood
Why hide it when it's such a sexy unit
Right ?
Tell husband they lol

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Lesley,
this is shaping up to be an amazing set up.
Sam gave me some advise on my set, which is still in the planning stage, and gave me a heads up to check out what you are doing with your lights.
I have been leaning towards taking advantage of the sun light we have on the Gold Coast, QLD, and install 2 Solar Tubes, then augment them with some LEDs.
Sam suggested to do it the other way around, and use the SolarTubes as auxillary.It is true that one gets more control with LEDs.
I now see you are using a different mix, with T5 and LEDs.
Bugger, means I need to do some more reading and research into the pros/cons.
I used to be serious into freshwater years ago, so probably still have the hangover attitude of T5 being less effective for Marine.
Had a 2,5m x 85cm wide and 85cm high marine tank, set up way back in 1989, and used Metal Halides - and sworn never again after power usage, heat and needing to change the bulbs every 6 months.
Thats why I am trying to re-educate myself now, to set back into the hobby, but learn from what has been achieved in the years.
Could you pass on the contact details of the US company, as I am having similar issues here, trying to get advise from suppliers, who play cagey till you place a sizable order.
Luckily Sam, Gerhard and others have been very helpful.
Got my wife's ok to get my tank in the extension we will build, but under condition it is a class act, as it will be the centre piece of the room.. Pressure to maintain the peace. :-)

Jac

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Epic! Hope this fits through the doors.
I had 5mm clearance when I got my stand through the front door.
I am sure your plans are going to work regardless - :)
Can't wait to see it wet.

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Hi Lesley,
I wrote to you last week, but then saw you made the big move, so assumed you had your hands full.
May i trouble you for the contact details of the US company you referred to ?
Thanks
Jac