Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Sailfin Moved On
My beautiful Sailfin was finally getting too big for the tank and was being way too bossy.
I caught him this morning in a trap I set up with a holding box. Luckily he is such a guts he swam straight in for breakfast - no worries, I didn't think it was going to be that easy. Anyway he's now in a mates 6x2xx2 and cruising around nicely.
It was good to see him go to a better home.
Just a couple of hours later I can't believe how peaceful my tank is with him gone.

IMG_0343.JPG

GOTCHA

IMG_0347.JPG

Room to cruise now

IMG_0353.JPG

Peace and quiet - also loving the new lights

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
It's always good to see them go to a good home. I'll trade ya, my Purple Tang for that Elegance. :D Purple tangs are the stoners of the reef world, I have yet to see one that was a bastard.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Ye
It's always good to see them go to a good home. I'll trade ya, my Purple Tang for that Elegance. :D Purple tangs are the stoners of the reef world, I have yet to see one that was a bastard.
Yep, I love my purple - hopefully he'll be more out in the open now that the sailfin has gone.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Hi Dave !

Wow...your tank looks so lovely and so amazing ;)
How long did it take you to make such beauty!!

You have my favorite fish..yellow tang :)

Zhenya
Thanks Zhenya, the tank is around 18 months old. It's had a couple of moves in that time as I moved house - it's home to stay now.
There is also a Purple Tang and a Yellow Eye Kole in there as well - all very happy.
Cheers

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Every Purple tang I own has a different personality. My wife's comes out all the time and mine is a fraidy cat. I have a HUGE one at the shop that comes up for nose scratches. They're one of my favorite fish, right up there with my big angels, 6 Bars top the list of large angels, mine spits water at me till I feed her, lol.