Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Salt
Hi, just wondering what salt everyone uses, and why, i use red sea in blue bucket but not sure if it is the best one, i have have read good report about others, is there any you wouldn't use?

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hi Susan. I use the same salt. I have never had an issue with it. Can I ask ,Why are you looking to change?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I use the same blue bucket salt too. Very satisfied with it.
I have tried mulptiple buckets of the following brands Seachem , DD, Tropic Marin, Instant Ocean and Red Sea Coral Pro.

How long since you changed your T5 tubes?

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Hi Susan. I use the same salt. I have never had an issue with it. Can I ask ,Why are you looking to change?
I haven't had any problems with it, just wondering if there is any that is better, i read good things about aquaforrest

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I use the same blue bucket salt too. Very satisfied with it.
I have tried mulptiple buckets of the following brands Seachem , DD, Tropic Marin, Instant Ocean and Red Sea Coral Pro.

How long since you changed your T5 tubes?
I don't use T5 tubes I have LED

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I haven't had any problems with it, just wondering if there is any that is better, i read good things about aquaforrest
AF is the new kid on the block, saying that they already have a huge fan base and sold a fair few tons of salt buckets!!! there is no doubt their tanks look stunning.
I was offered a sample bucket to try but I am not ready to shift salt brand from Red Sea Blue Bucket.
I am heading down a KISS route on my tank, no additives , no supplements just regular water changes- I am guilty of over feeding and turning my water into a soup of additives.

Having a so called clean tank would be a good way to compare salt brands without the influence of other bottled accessories.
(I don't know how long I can hold off tinkering by adding drops of this and that , lol)
After all , these salts are supposed to offer a complete package in terms of minerals and chemistry.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
AF is the new kid on the block, saying that they already have a huge fan base and sold a fair few tons of salt buckets!!! there is no doubt their tanks look stunning.
I was offered a sample bucket to try but I am not ready to shift salt brand from Red Sea Blue Bucket.
I am heading down a KISS route on my tank, no additives , no supplements just regular water changes- I am guilty of over feeding and turning my water into a soup of additives.

Having a so called clean tank would be a good way to compare salt brands without the influence of other bottled accessories.
(I don't know how long I can hold off tinkering by adding drops of this and that , lol)
After all , these salts are supposed to offer a complete package in terms of minerals and chemistry.
I can not wait for the day i can say that