Tank Journal Archive

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Scape And Cycle
Got all the rock in and we spent a while putting the scape together.

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Hung up the light for a quick test, need to adjust the poles a little lower I think.

Pretty happy with the scape, I was going to play around with it a bit more but the Mrs wont let me touch it, so I guess that's that.:)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Looks really good mate! I really love the way you've got it stacked and the curve up to the highpoint :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Really nice pieces of rock you have in there! Scapes are very much personal taste ... you have too much rock for my taste, but if you (and importantly, the missus!) are happy with it then awesome :)

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Really nice pieces of rock you have in there! Scapes are very much personal taste ... you have too much rock for my taste, but if you (and importantly, the missus!) are happy with it then awesome :)
haha I was thinking about putting a bit more rock in it from the old tank :eek.
Yeah very personal. I cant say I like the minimal look myself, but each to their own.

With this scape I really thought about coral placement where as the first tank I had no idea, so when its covered in coral, should be awesome.
Wasnt really aiming for the horse shoe look either, it just kind of happened lol.

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Yeah good point, I do have a nano mag but I might try and bring the right hand side in a little from the glass.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
haha I was thinking about putting a bit more rock in it from the old tank :eek.
Yeah very personal. I cant say I like the minimal look myself, but each to their own.

With this scape I really thought about coral placement where as the first tank I had no idea, so when its covered in coral, should be awesome.
Wasnt really aiming for the horse shoe look either, it just kind of happened lol.
Well you have lots of nice flat areas for corals, so you are right, when fully stocked it will look awesome :)

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
So the cycle took a little longer than I thought it would. The rock was already cycled but loaded with Phos. I kind of anticipated this as the rock was second hand but looked like it was in really good condition without a spec of algae in his tank.

Took me about 3 weeks to correct the Phos issue so I played a lot with the scape during this time and ended up with this.

IMG_0440.JPG

Looks better in person, lots of room for corals with heaps of caves and ledges.