Tank Journal Archive

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Scape Completed
after searching for a month or two at LFS collecting pieces of base rock i finally completed the 2 structures.

High point is just shy of 30cm, i used 5 tubes of aquakneed and 4 of super glue, prob gonna use another 2 tubes of aquakneed to reinforce it. there is approx 40kg of rock.

ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_scape1_zpscd3cf205.jpg
ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_scape2_zpsa0ff1542.jpg

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
love the second one but is that Texas holly rock ?
quick little tip . drill some 10mm holes (very slowly and carefully) for frag plugs ,if that's your intention ?

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
love the second one but is that Texas holly rock ?
quick little tip . drill some 10mm holes (very slowly and carefully) for frag plugs ,if that's your intention ?
approx 50% texas holy rock (same as last tank) i pull frags off the plugs or cut the nipple off them.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Depending on the type of coral but I have also removed Acro's from their plug and shoved them into drilled holes.
I do not want to risk cracking the rock from drilling, also i will be transferring a lot of colonies from my current tank

ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_IMG_8100_zpsaa5d63c0.jpg

E

ezza

Just incredible! Wow. I can only hope that my tank gets there one day. I love holey rock, it's lovely stuff. I used it too.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Great eye candy, looking forward to seeing this progress :)
thanks Nils
ah-mazing !
thanks oscar
Love the scape! It's going to look so good once everything starts growing off it and settles in!!
I hope so, trying a new method this time so hope goes well
Just incredible! Wow. I can only hope that my tank gets there one day. I love holey rock, it's lovely stuff. I used it too.
thanks ezza, it is nice rock and sure beats live rock IMO