September Update

Discussion in 'Nano Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Sep 19, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Nothing much has changed since last month - fully converted to Randys Recipe for Alk, Calc & Mag with all levels settling down to their desired ranges. (can't beat $1 per litre for your additives)
    Still dosing Reef Plus & Trace, 3ml each manually on alternate days (from the fridge).
    Completely stopped NoPox with not much side effects, nitrates are showing .10 now, I'm not worried with that.
    Phosphates are at .05 which is about where they have always run.
    I really find that those levels don't hurt and seem to promote coral growth rather than running 0 and 0.
    In fact my coral growth has been outstanding, my Duncan is growing new heads like crazy, it's just a mass of new heads.
    I'm going to have to try and work out a way of fragging it, without spoiling it, so the heads have some more room to fully open.
    Zoas are spreading like wildfire, and from about 4 morphs I put in a couple of months ago there are new ones all around them.
    @somethingfishy76 gave me a nice Dallas frag which seems to be taking off nicely, and a quarter of a Ric that is about 95% round now. Looking forward to seeing those new additions grow out.
    I'm kind of amazed at how well my tank is going when I compare the extremely basic in-tank refuge I have compared to other peoples tanks with elaborate sumps with all sorts of reactors and filter systems. Whether I'm just lucky or maybe sometimes simple works.
    And the Yasha, which just gets a bucket of leftover water from the Cade as it's water change is cruising. Everything in it just keeps growing and growing to the point where now I'm giving stuff away when it gets too crowded in there!!!

Kh/Alk - 8.6 Calc - 450 Mag - 1320 pH - 8.3 Nitrate - .10 Phos - .05 Sal - 1.026 Temp - 25

FTS-19-9.jpg
    • Love It! Love It! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wrangy

Wrangy Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,010
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Simple is always best! :) Unless of course you like sps and tinkering and want to run elaborate systems like zeo :p

Tank is looking awesome Dave :)
  3. RobbieMVFC

RobbieMVFC Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +1,039
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    good work , Nothing wrong with those parameters.
  4. Lesley

Lesley Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    Glad all is well. Looks terrific DaveH !
  5. firebird

firebird Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +1,097
    Australia
    State:
    NSW