Tank Journal Archive

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
Shaking Up The Scape!!
So I was just doing a water change and accidentally knocked a rock and it moved a bit of the scape. I was already not too happy with the way it turned out... So couldn't help myself.... I had some rocks that were also covered in algae. So booted them out as well and the tank looks much less cluttered I hope! But lost some real estate for corals though.

ai140.photobucket.com_albums_r10_dragonov87_20150322_115136_zps1abf3aa7.jpg

ai140.photobucket.com_albums_r10_dragonov87_20150322_115055_zpseef95be4.jpg

ai140.photobucket.com_albums_r10_dragonov87_20150322_115041_zpsd495c74a.jpg

Still not 100% happy though. It's a bit cloudy as I just did a coral snow dose half an hour or so ago.

dazzamx

Feb 24, 2015
I'm with Lesley. It looks great.
How do you find the Cade Tank and what size it.
I'm looking at getting a new tank.

E

ezza

It is lovely! I totally understand the need to perfect the rocks. I did it again last night myself.

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
I'm with Lesley. It looks great.
How do you find the Cade Tank and what size it.
I'm looking at getting a new tank.
The Cade tank is great! The glass is fantastic as well. Only issue I find is that they have an unusual sized PVC pipe which is difficult to find and the grill into the overflow needs more grill slots.

It is lovely! I totally understand the need to perfect the rocks. I did it again last night myself.
Thanks Ezza! Now we need to see pics of your rescape!

Personally I love it. Good accident ;)
Thanks Lesley, I was stressing majorly as it happened. Pulling apart rock work is a stressful game.

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
I also chucked in some marine pure cubes. I thought if im removing a chuck of rock. I should replace it with marine pure cubes. Housing them in the return pump section of the sump.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
For me personally, arches are a fine line between looking shit and looking amazing. I think you just about pulled this off to be on the right side of the scale :)

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
........Pulling apart rock work is a stressful game.
It sure is! The muck it can stir up and the painful amount of time it takes to move things 1 cm at a time, in order to get it "perfect, but not perfect" is frustrating.

The first time I did my scape it took me 2 minutes. Just adding ONE BIT of rock to increase the scape, drove me nuts for 2 hours. Happy to say I haven't had to touch it since and it's now permanent for the life of this tank (PHEW!)