Off-Topic

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Isn't it always amazing how animals (and children) will do what you are trying to capture when your camera isn't ready or available

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
MJ your photos are spot on!! Hows the walk in there and where do you stay, i'm guessing it's more than a day trip? We are thinking of taking a trip to explore tassie at some stage. We'll take the boat over so we can have the car and drive around... gotta be able to get to Barnbougle Dunes and The Lost Farm while i'm there too :)
I assume you mean Cradle Mountain?

Not much walking required if you don't want to :) There are quite a few places to stay up on the mountain, just do a search in one of the travel sites. We stayed at Lemonthyne Lodge which is about 20km from the park entrance, but there are a lot just near the park.

There is a visitor centre immediately outside the park entrance - from there they run shuttle buses up to the lake with various stops along the way with a range of 1/2 to 1 hour walks. The bus drops you off a few hundred metres from the lake shown in the picture above. This is also the start of the overland track - a 5 day walk through to Lake St Claire if you are feeling energetic ;).

I would say you want to set aside a day on the mountain - a good stop if you are traveling to the West Coast.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Gorgeous! I am very partial to wallabies - there is one at the wildlife shelter currently and he begs to be picked up and cuddled, they're just the best.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Except when you get knocked over in the rush as they jump through your front gate - we have a dam on our property and they come for the water.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
out of interest shane do you still have the complete cs5 file of that i would like to see how you have done it?

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Looks good ;)

I wonder if you try to make the pic he is swimming out of a little bigger and less grey?

Either way I think you have nailed the idea well!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Looks good ;)

I wonder if you try to make the pic he is swimming out of a little bigger and less grey?

Either way I think you have nailed the idea well!
The backround was a bit uninteresting in this picture so less is probably better. I am going to have a play with a few other pictures and see how they look.

I can't really take credit for the idea though - there was a link somewhere to a site which had this type of picture, but I can't find it now.

V

'vspec'

I would say you want to set aside a day on the mountain - a good stop if you are traveling to the West Coast.
Yeah easily a day, I loved hiking cradle mountain.
I did pretty much every waterfall in the top half of taz as well. Was in may, so pretty cold at times.

V

'vspec'

Love to see people appreciating the beauty of spiders!
Yeah... from the bottom of my shoe usually.
awww.desmonorthwest.com_forums_images_smilies_angel.gif

Great shots. Amazing what a camera and learning some skills can produce!