Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Reminds me of Ken's build. The tape on the floor really doesn't give an idea of the size. The stand gets you most of the way there, but when the tank sits on top - well, hehehehehehe

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
That makes your car look like a babies toy:eek. The tap certainly didn't do justice and once the tanks on top well you house will be dwarfed...:rofl

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
So, was there actually a trailer under the frame? Or did it get axles custom built too? (Jk's!)

The frame is so large i mistook your car for a Mirage at first :p

Wazza22

Oct 3, 2015
Perth
It's on the tiles.
Is this not a great idea ?
I didn't even think about thst
There is gonna be a lot of load at the point of the legs of the stand.
I've heard of people needing engineers approval before putting large tanks in to ensure they dont affect the house slab, now i dont know if this was specifically for a second story or ground floor scenario as i didn't pay much attention to to it other than marvel at what size the tank must have been.
I'm no engineer and i dont know what size tank this requirement was for but i would certainly look into it.
What is the water volume of this tank going to be?

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Wow.. this is getting serious !! So glad you are doing this before me, and I get to learn from your experience.
I am not laughing - I will be in this situation about 6 weeks from now. :-) Bravo...
Jac

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Wow.. this is getting serious !! So glad you are doing this before me, and I get to learn from your experience.
I am not laughing - I will be in this situation about 6 weeks from now. :) Bravo...
Jac
You have a builder already ?!

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Hi,
not yet. Was talking to a local shop, got initial main tank prices, but when I asked for details on overflow, and sump design, and opinions on whether to go under tank for the sump, or plumb to the basement, I hit a blank wall.. you tell us what you want, and we will quote and build..we will not design, and balked at even making a site visit to understand the scope and details.. so I ... gracefully departed rather than say what was on the tip of my tongue.
I was recommended to contact Aquarium # here on the Gold Coast, who specializes in design and building of big tanks... but left 5 messages, and still awaiting a return call. :-(

Sure you guys by now have sore muscles but a broad grin with your new baby installed.

Jac