Tank Journal Archive

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
She's Salty!
We're Salty!

Felt like forever to fill the tank with RO but got that done during the week and over the weekend she got filled with salt.

I added a liter of siporax from the mini to help seed it as well as a small piece of live rock. Also siphoned some water from the mini's sump sucking up some detritus, mysis and amphipods so they can get a head start.

Was pretty keen to try out the new quiet drain on this tank. Well to begin with it was both quiet and loud! lol
The actual overflow once set right is absolutely silent unless I put my ear right next to it. The drain below the tank is another story. The mixture of air and water when first set up sounded like my washing machine! I tried a variety of flow levels and positions for the hose but it was all the same.
After speaking to a fellow elos owner across the pond i put a valve on the drain so it runs full of water. Took a while to play around with but in the end it's basically silent and as it sits beside my mini at the moment it's a ton quieter.

Hopefully picking up my skimmer tomorrow and get that bad boy up and running.
Still have dosing lines to run, cords to tidy and dosing containers to setup.
Sand is on its way but think I'll hold off to put that in just yet.

Will keep an eye on parameters and see how we get on!

IMG_2480.JPG

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
That is not an iphone shot :p.. Looking good dude
Haha nope. Cheers bloke!

Well, hello there! Looking fine!

:rolleyes
Thanks mate, I'm waiting to see your bookshelf!

Looks very smart!!
Thank you, doesn't look like much but it's crazy how much time I've spent on it!

gotta love the elos setups, very professional looking, especially with that nice light over the top
Yea you're so right. They have a very.. i guess finished look.
The light definitely tops it off :)

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
[QUOTE="Mattres, post: 186536, member: 2325"
[/QUOTE]

Long term goal as will be moving soon. But ill make the stand etc shortly...

Going to trim down one i started earlier
ai449.photobucket.com_albums_qq214_lukusis_Tank_IMG_20150610_172658_zps2xshtwyt.jpg

ai449.photobucket.com_albums_qq214_lukusis_Tank_IMG_20150709_171529_zpsjlxh2skj.jpg

ill have to make my own mission control box too :D

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
[QUOTE="Mattres, post: 186536, member: 2325"
Long term goal as will be moving soon. But ill make the stand etc shortly...

Going to trim down one i started earlier
View attachment 56656

View attachment 56657

ill have to make my own mission control box too :D[/QUOTE]
That's a very nice looking stand there! Great job! How much will you cut it down? I think a mission control box will top it off nicely! :p
Keep us posted!

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Looking lovely.
Have you decided what kind of wave makers you'll be using?
Thanks mate, I've got 1 MP40QD on the way atm.
I asked Aquablue if ecotech could do me a custom order to increase the length of the cord between the driver and pump. The 2.5m stock cord was too short to reach my "mission control" box. Surprisingly aquablue had never been asked before but Ecotech gave the all clear. Just have to wait a month is all.
I'll probably pick another one up at some stage down the track but I'll bring my MP10 across from the mini for the time being. It should be enough for a while.
Ive got about 4000L/h flow through the return at the moment to.

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Righto - thought that might be the case to keep the lines of the tank clean(ish).
I'm surprised too that longer cable hasn't been requested before.
Hope you have better luck than me with the MP40QD - 12 weeks later I'm seriously considering a swap to WAV.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Righto - thought that might be the case to keep the lines of the tank clean(ish).
I'm surprised too that longer cable hasn't been requested before.
Hope you have better luck than me with the MP40QD - 12 weeks later I'm seriously considering a swap to WAV.
Yea I thought long and hard about what to use, it's hard to pick anything that doesn't detract someway from the "clean lines".
Oh I don't wanna hear that! :banghead haha
What was your issue with them?
I've heard good things about the WAV's I unfortunately don't want to invest in an apex at this point.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
That stand i was originally making for a 60x45x45. But chipped the front edge of the glass so sold it off. The frame ( a bit more finished than in that pic) is sitting in the spare room.

If i go for a bookshelf, probably just needs to be halved in depth. Width would be fine, as ill have the plumbing on display (somewhat).

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Oh I don't wanna hear that! :banghead haha
What was your issue with them?
I brought 2 of them (in use for 13 weeks now) - don't get me wrong, one of them is great - but the other one started to drop the wet-side every night (only during nutrient transfer mode interestingly enough). As of Friday, it no longer works at all. At the end of day, I'd rather have something reliable than low profile and foolishly thought that's what I was paying for.