Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I hate you so much.... just pure hatred and loathing :P

I'm glad the supplier was cool with ecotech order as I know they do it all the time in the States lol

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
I brought 2 of them (in use for 13 weeks now) - don't get me wrong, one of them is great - but the other one started to drop the wet-side every night (only during nutrient transfer mode interestingly enough). As of Friday, it no longer works at all. At the end of day, I'd rather have something reliable than low profile and foolishly thought that's what I was paying for.
Yea that's no good at all.
I hope you could get a warranty claim on it.
I'll keep an eye on your build to see how the WAV's work out.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
I hate you so much.... just pure hatred and loathing :p

I'm glad the supplier was cool with ecotech order as I know they do it all the time in the States lol
My bank account feels the same way.. lol :D

Yea that's where I got the idea from seeing a few people over there had it done. Glad they could accommodate!

I don't have a can of anything for a size comparison but I do have a "tweenie" dachshund :p

IMG_2484.JPG
IMG_2488.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Great, now i have to 'hide' what im looking at! If the Mrs see's your Dachshund, there will be a hostile takeover of my internet privileges :p

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Too hard to compare size. Being a daxie owner myself, I know that there are large standards, medium standards, small standards, large mini's, medium minis and tiny little minis. That skimmer could vary from 20cm high to 1.5m!

Cute dog, awesome skimmer :)

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Great, now i have to 'hide' what im looking at! If the Mrs see's your Dachshund, there will be a hostile takeover of my internet privileges :p
Haha if it's a takeover to load pages full of dachshunds I've been there!
The missus can never get enough of them!

Too hard to compare size. Being a daxie owner myself, I know that there are large standards, medium standards, small standards, large mini's, medium minis and tiny little minis. That skimmer could vary from 20cm high to 1.5m!

Cute dog, awesome skimmer :)
I'd hoped you'd pick up on that :p
Technically he's a mini.. but at 10.5kgs he's definelty a big mini!
Been a while since yours had the operation how's she going?

Sorry wasn't quite following your tank @Mattres

What tank is it again? was it off-the-shelf or custom made?

How big is it?
Yup off the shelf. It's an Elos 120XL
Dimensions are 120x80x50

I love the depth front to back with the 80cm

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
It's STUNNING !!!

From my quick research, it seems they're from USA? How did you get it delivered here? Fortune $?
It is very nice :D

Elos is an Italian brand and everything is made there.
There is an Elos distributor in Australia which I got mine through.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Well it's been a week, is she fully stocked yet??
haha not yet :(
Did a few tests yesterday, measured 0.2 nitrite and 2.5 nitrate. Been ghost feeding some rotifers. I'll test again today to see where were at. Once the nitrite's down i'll slowly start adding stock from the mini.
Got the day off today so i might even chuck the sand in there. Should keep my urge to work on the tank settled haha :D

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
@Mattres very pretty ;), but would you have enough media to sustain those nitrifying and denitrifying bacterias? What's inside the sump?
Thanks! I don't know exactly biologicaly how much you need to support a given amount of life in a tank but I reckon this amount of rock would be enough for this tank. I think the old rule for the amount of rock you need is way above what you need.
I do have 10L of Siporax in the sump to help though!

Great Zeus's beard!! That looks so sexy :D :D
Haha thanks "Red" beard. :D Shame she'll be covered in diatoms soon :cry