Tank Journal Archive

SteveG

Mar 18, 2015
Sydney
Shopping List...
Trying to remain on a budget is tough. Utilising the sales money from my fw tanks I have come up with the following equipment to buy:
Octopus module 400 skimmer
Sicce Voyager 4 power head
Sea chem reef salt mix
Test kit - red sea basic

Already have a used boss 020 4 stage Ro/Di unit on its way!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
It certainly can be tough trying to keep to a budget, but that is exactly where this site can come into play. There is a huge amount of experience on this forum and people can advise on what is a good buy and what is not and hopefully save you some money.

My first piece of advice if your on a budget is; but used equipment -but buy quality equipment.

The octopus skimmer is a decent hang on skimmer, however - is there any reason why you cant go for a sump style setup? The small cost involved in a sump and a couple of holes you can save back on skimmer purchase (or just get a better skimmer for the same money). Plus it keeps the sight and sound of your skimmer away from the display.

For a powerhead on a budget, you can not go past the Jebao range from Fish Street (might be worth checking with seller @Fragalicious who I believe may be getting reseller options through them?)
http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_rw-4_wave_maker

For salt, check out another seller on these forums, @Morphology who sell Blue treasure at a mighty impressive price.

As for Test kits - what do you need? I probably have a few spare I could post up to you for nothing.

Sam