Reef Discussion

Oct 26, 2012
wow some real hammer lovers, finally!!!!

well here in texas if you turn up enough rocks, you will find some nice gems.
also picked up a nice bi-colored/mixed hammer like ive never seen before from a sketchy dude in an apartment for $65 dollars!!

Attachments

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Hey Day, do you think melafix would work as well as revive? One of my hammers has a damaged part I had a look after reading your post as one of mine was coping a bit of flow from an upgrade in return pump so I moved it a few days ago but one small section was staying closed up and having a look now it's not looking to pretty at all. Melafix will be easy to get hold of tomorrow revive I haven't seen around.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
thanks, as soon as i saw it I had to have it. Love my hammer corals :cool:

DAY1

Jun 8, 2012
Brisbane
Awesome hammer collection geoff. Next time im up in Qld i must come by and check them put in person :)

Heres a hammer i got the other day,

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8334_8126989271_acd19bb727_b.jpg
IMG_20121026_204954 by vpreef, on Flickr
vpreef
No worries mate , you are more than welcome to see my tanks , That new hammer , looks like there are babies on the left edge of the skeleton , Check around the base for more

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
vpreef
No worries mate , you are more than welcome to see my tanks , That new hammer , looks like there are babies on the left edge of the skeleton , Check around the base for more
Sweet will do.

Can they be easily cut off from the main colony?

DAY1

Jun 8, 2012
Brisbane
Sweet will do.

Can they be easily cut off from the main colony?
Yes they can , Otherwise leave them grow larger , then remove , however I would get advice from Pete at Oceanarium , he has been doing this for a long time :worship

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Yes they can , Otherwise leave them grow larger , then remove , however I would get advice from Pete at Oceanarium , he has been doing this for a long time :worship
Sweet, Thanks mate