Tank Journal Archive

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Show Us Your Wrasse
;)
A few days ago, my sister texted me a picture of an ad she saw in a local handy trader magazine -
Am i interested?
2013-11-23 10.05.07.png

Hell YES!!!, i replied.
I texted the person and after a couple of days, she replied - they had been out collecting for a few days & only just got back.
They are based in Yeppoon and supply both local and US markets.
I recalled that I'd seen a Yeppoon address on delivery boxes at the LFS - these must be the same people.
We texted back and forth a bit & she sent me pix of their morphs and fish in stock:
IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

Yesterday i placed my order:
8 different morphs & a 2" Melanarus Wrasse,
IMG_3186.jpg

delivered to my door today (overnight) - $84.
Am excited and cant wait to see my new additions!
Amphipods BEGONE!!! Lol!!!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
What a great find! :) lovely new wrasse addition too :D Wrasse's are some of my favorite fish
Hopefully they take your excellent advice :rolleyes

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I'm a little worried about the wrasse. Being a wild caught juvi, I thought he'd be smaller. But hes actually a bit bigger than 2" & not coping at all with captivity. He is hiding behind the rockwork, laying on his side and far from relaxed. I know they sleep like this under the sand but hes clearly trying to hide from his new world. And when he comes out, he charges about madly, banging into the glass. I'm worried hes gunna hurt his face :(
So i think i will pass him on to someone with a bigger tank with more room for him to get used to glass walls.
I had planned to let him clean up the amphipods & by then i would have set up a FOWLR for him. But hes far too stressed and bigger than expected so i think i will either track down a tank today or tomorrow & rehouse him and if I cant, i will find a local who would like him. He cost me $25 but he will be free to the right home.
And then I will begin solving again with the whole amphipod problem *sigh*

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Looks like the rhodactus has a little friend growing :)
2013-11-29 05.38.41.png

I'm REALLY keen to see what colours develop on the rhodactus as it has some nice pink bits........that doesnt sound right :eek
2013-11-29 05.32.29.png

And i'm pretty pleased with the aqua colour on this one
2013-11-29 05.34.54.png

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I'm digging that aqua as well! With the wrasse, can you try turning the light off today and putting a towel over the tank to keep him in the dark? See if that calms him down somewhat. Also I say this a lot and it falls on deaf ears, but a drop of Rescue Renedy in the tank if you have it on hand can do wonders.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
coming from the man who had a yellow tang in a 2' cube :p
dont forget my 38L with:

1 Convict Tang
1 Blue Tang
1 Spotted Box Fish
2 Clowns
1 Gold head sleeper goby
1 Longnose hawkfish
1 Coral banded shrimp