Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Shutting Her Down!
Come this weekend the tank will be no longer running. I haven't had any motivation to look after the tank for a while now because life gets in the way sometimes!
Will be keeping a couple of my long term smaller fish (mainly the clowns) and just running a little set up, which I might make a journal for if I get around to it.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
That's a real shame mate. It's sad to hear a longtime reefer shutting it down. You've been here for quite a while, so make sure you find a bit of time to post something about the new, smaller setup.
Cheers

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Sorry to hear buddy, however understand completely. You have seen your tank at its peak and anything less is sometimes disappointing as you set such a high standard. You will be back Im sure at some stage but hope you go down to a small automated nano just so you dont lose touch completely :)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
That's a real shame mate. It's sad to hear a longtime reefer shutting it down. You've been here for quite a while, so make sure you find a bit of time to post something about the new, smaller setup.
Cheers
WIll try and get some pics when I am setting it up :)

Sad to hear this. Hope everything is ok?
All good :)

Buddy always been helpful here and never hesitated to answer my silly question. I hope nothing serious and you be back soon
I won't be going anywhere :)

Sorry to hear buddy, however understand completely. You have seen your tank at its peak and anything less is sometimes disappointing as you set such a high standard. You will be back Im sure at some stage but hope you go down to a small automated nano just so you dont lose touch completely :)
Thanks @Rob That is the plan. Picked up a little Cade tank that I plan to put on cruise control.

Good luck with the smaller tank @Buddy Sorry to hear you leave the hobby
You don't want a large foxface by any chance?

yesss lol.

Damn, that sucks man. Anything I can help with?
Thanks Sam, I should be all good but if there is anything I will let you know!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Its volume is a quarter to what I have now its its pretty small :p
Second hand - $750 I don't think you can buy that size new anymore.
By the time I sell of all of my stuff I will have that tank paid and a fair bit left over :)

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Didn't have a good experience?
Lost a lot of Morphs ($$$) that I had only purchased the week before - although it was many years ago and I don't really care for Morphs any more.

And I am going more towards smaller fish. If it were a small one I would be tempted....

But i am fighting rising Nitrates at the moment until the Bio pellets kick in so possibly not the best time to add more load anyway

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I don't see it as a sad thing to be downsizing (apart from giving up fish). In fact, if this means making managing your hobby to fit in better with your live style then that means you'll enjoy the hobby even more. It's a very positive thing!

I had to downsize and now feel 'empowered' thinking if I need to relocate I can manage taking everything I've got with me. Also, my life's pretty hectic at the moment and I leave the tank for up to a week without feeding etc. no problems.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I don't see it as a sad thing to be downsizing (apart from giving up fish). In fact, if this means making managing your hobby to fit in better with your live style then that means you'll enjoy the hobby even more. It's a very positive thing!

I had to downsize and now feel 'empowered' thinking if I need to relocate I can manage taking everything I've got with me. Also, my life's pretty hectic at the moment and I leave the tank for up to a week without feeding etc. no problems.
If i left my tank a week without feeding my angel would eat his tank mates