Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Singapore Aquarium
Well I know I said I'd do the update at the beginning of the week buuutttt I got busy so it got put off but Friday is always a good day to sit down especially since I work the weekends lol. Alright enough waffling!
S.E.A Aquarium is one of the best I've ever ben too, it certainly shits all over Melbourne haha it has some of the best variety, diversity and well looked after and loved tanks I've seen! They're all phenomenal :)

The aquarium starts with a big ole' moray and anthias tank with a big tang tank right next door. The tangs are some of the best unicorns I've seen! lol ugly mofo's though..
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_goldenmoray_zpsn1tsfkuk.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_anthiasmoray_zpsub8z4vzb.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_unicorns_zpsh7r9jrwn.jpg

Someone liked the kenya tree too lol he didn't move!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_hidingunicorn_zpsclcullef.jpg

From here we move on to my favourite tank!! The hard coral, anthias tank :D It contains some of the absolute best coloured anthias and healthiest fish I've ever seen around and they have the feeding regiment to match why everything in the tank is so amazing! From the tank manager himself when I sent them an email about the feedings:
"We feed our animals with fairly good variety of fresh seafood.
Feeds include:
Cyclopes
Red plankton
Mysis
Krills
Flakes"

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_purplestripanthias_zpsrtvyko8t.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_sunsetanthias_zpsmajd2yh3.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_anthiascloseup_zpsesjket6v.jpg

The purple queens are oh-so-amazing and it just makes me love them so much more every time I see the tank!!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_wideanthias_zpsn68vqv3c.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_hardanthiasmoorish_zpspgfaphoh.jpg

It's a pretty kickass tank!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_hardcoraltank_zpsa7qxciiu.jpg

From there we move on to a nice soft coral tank that was hiding a surprise that I waited 15mins to get a decent picture of!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_softies_zpszajycycv.jpg

A gorgeous little Clarion :D
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_clarion_zpsvqouz2uc.jpg

Right next to that is a cracking NPS tank that was hiding an even better surprise that I couldn't get a pic of :( It was a stunning Candy Basslet! The sun croals were amazing though!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_suncoraltanak_zpsqjkdohqb.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_lotsosun_zpswnzapfkx.jpg

Some nice RBTA's in another tank
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_rbta_zpsfqq3aeq0.jpg

There were also some crazy awesome tube nems in some of the various tanks too
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_tubenem_zpsmk2strlr.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_tubenempink_zpsbczz93k9.jpg

Their inverts were almost as cool as some of the fish they had!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_harlequin_zpsv2sofdrn.jpg

There were half a dozen of these groovers in one tank lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_decorator_zpsyt2tzxqi.jpg

I think this is my second favourite tank! lol bet you can't guess why though...
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_clams_zps3rwtn326.jpg

Last but not least their selection of jellyfish tanks were pretty stunning too
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_jerryfish_zps38gppfcd.jpg

There are other tanks and an AMAZINGLY large open ocean tank but the pics from those were shit so I'm not sharing them as they didn't turn out all that great and they're blurry ol but that's what I've got for the amazing Singpore aquarium lol

Hope you all enjoy :)

E

ezza

It looks amazing! I would love to see it one day. I wonder how they feed the NPS aquarium?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
It looks amazing! I would love to see it one day. I wonder how they feed the NPS aquarium?
It is absolutely amazing! And I would HATE to think how much food they pump into the tank lol the corals have nearly doubled in size since the start of this year in that tank loo

Great pictures, thanks :)

What were they using for lighting ?
Thanks Shane :)

Halides and more halides I believe. I don't know 100% but it mostly all looks like halides some could be the led cannons though. The deepwater tanks were led from the looks of it though too