Reef Discussion

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
I'm going 10 x 290g for my ~300L not doing liverock.
With 10, surely you be eligible for free delivery. The question is whether they be able to activate 10% discount but if you're keen, you should ping them. I think they should still have stock.

$35 discount is not bad in your case.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
With 10, surely you be eligible for free delivery. The question is whether they be able to activate 10% discount but if you're keen, you should ping them. I think they should still have stock.

$35 discount is not bad in your case.
Don't worry I activated my friends and family discount... Hopefully if there is stock available there will be a Reefuge discount announcement soon.;)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Sadly the sera agent has four Sips left in his warehouse. Not enough to organise a discount for Reefuge forum. :cry
On my side I picked up 10 litres, only to think I have too much but we will see. As they say
:poidh

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Biggles has pointed out in his famous thread you have the right amount when you reach the gravel line as seen in this example.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Alrighty then, two and half month report, my water tested zero for nitrate and phosphate , not really surprising as initially the Siporax bacteria colony was getting stuck in and doing a great job of rapidly reducing those Nitrate and phosphate.

One could say that the Siporax is almost mature now.
The plan is to neatly stack the media in some sort of container as it is quite a detritus sink atm.
image.jpeg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
How is yours looking, @Wrangy ?

If been thinking about doing something like this, I have marine pure balls, more than advised, but was going to double what I have. After reading this and other threads, I might pick up some Spirorax (Aquaristic is local for me). I'll still keep the mature balls.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
How is yours looking, @Wrangy ?

If been thinking about doing something like this, I have marine pure balls, more than advised, but was going to double what I have. After reading this and other threads, I might pick up some Spirorax (Aquaristic is local for me). I'll still keep the mature balls.
I haven't ended up using my matrix for fear of inoculating it with algae spores for when it all gets moved over. I will however be employing it very shortly and I'm really looking forward to it :) It'll be going into the sump as soon as it's running!

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Sorry @slin1977 ,
I don't want to rain on your parade, however in that pictured tank there is only one fish and the sand bed looks very clean so I assume your doing regular WC aslo .
these two factors wouldn't cause the tank to have a huge load to combat.