Reef Discussion

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Susan I only have 1 ltr in 150 ltr tank it might still be worth doing just won't have the same effect (I dont think) I'm still trialing mine now though

I just try to think of it as high performance live rock

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I'm using 1 litre of Siporax to 50 litres of tank volume Susan.

Edit:

One thing I have noticed is a small diatom bloom, nothing major, but there are diatoms. My reef abalones are really diggin' the new food source.

Last edited:

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015

Edit:

One thing I have noticed is a small diatom bloom, nothing major, but there are diatoms. My reef abalones are really diggin' the new food source.
you like bubbles
IMG_2456.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
You need a smidge more space between that Hammer coral and Bubble coral. There WILL be warfare there sooner rather than later and they both could come out on the shit end of the stick. LPS corals have some of the longest sweepers in the coral kingdom.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015

Edit:

so is a box 0f 290g= 1ltr, and what can you do about the diatoms?

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
You need a smidge more space between that Hammer coral and Bubble coral. There WILL be warfare there sooner rather than later and they both could come out on the shit end of the stick. LPS corals have some of the longest sweepers in the coral kingdom.
Yeah i moved him since that photo wad taken, see all the rock i have in that tank and marine pure in sump
IMG_2495.JPG

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Not doing anything about the diatoms, the abalone is taking care of them for me. ;) Yes, 1l= 290g, it's very light.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Some glass eyed baboon didn't measure the bloody distance between the top of the sump and the bottom of the top of the stand. Guess who's installing a new sump this weekend?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Some glass eyed baboon didn't measure the bloody distance between the top of the sump and the bottom of the top of the stand. Guess who's installing a new sump this weekend?
This thread is useless without pictures - I want to see a baboon!!!!