Skimmer

Discussion in 'Equipment / DIY / Reviews' started by JonoD, Jun 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. JonoD

JonoD Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Australia
    State:
    nsw
    Yeah I had a bit of a look around on gum tree and found a couple but we're still fairly deer, and I live in a county area in NSW and there isn't much around and if I were to by something I wouldn't be able to go and have a look at It , but in saying that still keeping that option open until I'm 100% on the d500
  2. slin1977

slin1977 Member

Ratings:
    +3,117
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    I have the Coral box 500 .
    It's great, set and forget unit, haven't serviced it once in 1.5 years, clean the cup and neck when I get around to it say week to fortnight.
    It keeps my tank well balanced in terms of zero nitrates and zero phosphates with just the right amount of undetectable nutrients to run an SPS tank. For the money you can't go wrong.:D
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Adam_w

Adam_w Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Ill update you on mine Jono, ended up coming today but I don't have time to set it up till the weekend :(
  4. JonoD

JonoD Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Australia
    State:
    nsw
    one last question, I went to buy the d500 last night and for the same price or a little less I could get the Skimz monster E-series SM121. just wanted to get the opinion of you guys/girls on which one would be a better buy?
  5. JonoD

JonoD Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Australia
    State:
    nsw
    yeah awesome let me know how you go.
  6. JonoD

JonoD Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Australia
    State:
    nsw
    Hi all
    Thanks everyone for the advice but I have ordered the coral box d500, will let you all know how it goes when I get it
    • Like Like x 2